Friday, November 2, 2012

Gratitude Post Day 2: Temples

I am very greatful for temples!  I love going and being able to feel the peace that they do bring when you attend.  I love the blessings that are received within their walls! 

In our fifth sunday lesson in September, our bishop gave a wonderful lesson on both fast offerings and temples.  He has challenged us as a ward family that for the month of December every day that the temple is open a member of our family be in the temple that entire month.  It was a wonderful lesson he gave, and I am looking forward to participating in that challenge.

Two temples, however, will always hold special meaning for me.

The first is this one:

The Bountiful Temple.  I love the fact that is is literally five minutes away from our home.  I love being able to look up and see it, especially at night when it is all lit up.  More than a few times, when I have been driving on the freeway, at night, and wondering if I am going the right direction toward home, I have been able to look for the temple and know that I was headed in the right direction!

The second is this one:

The Salt Lake Temple.  Within the walls of this temple, I was privileged to be sealed to my wonderful husband and to begin our eternal family!  I love walking the grounds after they have put all the lights up in the square!  It is so pretty, and I love that they tell the story of Christ's birth, which helps me remember why we celebrate the wonderful upcoming holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment