1. I am grateful for the holidays. I am especially grateful this year because I am not working.
2. I am grateful that Daniel is a good sleeper. He will sleep typically 12 hours at night, we put him down at 7pm and he generally sleeps until about 830 in the morning. I am grateful because than I get sleep (nights like today when I am wide awake at 300 am are few and far between)
3. I am grateful for my paperweight (i.e. the computer). It is a nice thing. Technology is slowly growing on me (due to my husband) and I like my little netbook. It is perfect for what I use it for and meets my needs.
4. I am grateful to spend time with my families. I love my family and I love the family I joined when I married my husband. They are both awesome and I love that they are close by. I have friends that don't have family close by, and it has been on my mind a lot how lucky I am that both my parents and my husband's parents live so close by. I miss my siblings and nieces and nephews that live out of state, but am grateful that they are a phone call away. (Yes, I am horrible at actually calling and talking to said siblings sorry).
5. I am grateful for advice and wisdom from women that have been mother's longer than I have. The wisdom and advice I have recieved from these wonderful people has been invaluable. Especially my mother! I didn't fully understand the phrase "babies don't come with instruction manuals" until my own son came. I would have loved it had he come with one, but we're surviving.
6. I am so grateful for my son and his sweet spirit. He is a unique, awesome baby and I absolutely love him to pieces! He has blessed our family so much since he has arrived and I truly wouldn't trade being his mother for anything in this world! I am grateful that our family is Eternal. I am so comforted by the fact that I will always be his mother, both in this life and in the next that is to come.
7. I am grateful for trials. I am grateful for the lessons they have taught me, and that even though I may hate it and moan and groan, my Heavenly Father will never give me more than I can handle. (Though I do think He knows I can handle more than I think I can). I am grateful that they have helped me become the person I am today and though I am so far from perfect it isn't funny, I know I am being molded and guided by my Father in Heaven into the woman I am needed to be.
8. Once again I am grateful for sleep, I should really not post on my blog when I am dead exhausted like tonight because I end up rambling and cringing at some of the stuff I write when I go back and read it again when I can actually think straight.
No comments:
Post a Comment