Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Books and Study

1. I am very greatful for books.   I love to read and always have.

2. I am greatful for my kindle. It let's me takes lots of books with me wherever I go, without the actual weight of books, though I do love to read physical books to, there is just something about turning a page that I love.

3. I have just started reading The Miracle of Forgiveness, by President Spencer W. Kimball.  Though I am not very far into it (reading is a lot harder with a demanding 5 month old around), I am enjoying the bits and pieces I am able to read in it each day, even if it is only a paragraph or two.

4. I am greatful for the book series I just finished reading on my kindle. I love Irene Hannon's books. I first read her Hereos of Quantico books, I just completed the third book in her new series the Guardians of Justice, and can't wait for her next series to come out.  I am also greatful for Dee Henderson and her books, I am reading her new book(it's an actual book) and I am loving it.
                               *A brief side note, I generally read two or three books at once.
I enjoy having different books to read, depending
on what mood I am in at that particular time*


5. I am greatful that I can take fifteen to twenty minutes in the morning before Daniel wakes up to do my personal scripture study.  I like that I can take this time to focus on feeling the spirit as I read, and it makes my day so much better. I am also greatful that Eric and I do our joint scripture study at night after Daniel is in bed. It has brought us great insight and brings us closer as a couple to our Heavenly Father. I am greatful for the pondering I do afterword, I love listening for and feeling and recognizing the spirit in my life.

6. I am greatful for the books that I found on a great clearance sale that we have put away to give Daniel for Christmas. I love reading his books to him and am greatful that I found some great deals on some books for him. As of today, our Christmas shopping for Daniel is done! I love reading to my son and hope to be able to pass my love of reading on to him!

No comments:

Post a Comment