Monday, December 29, 2014

It's Snow Much Fun Outside

Daniel was thrilled to finally see snow on the ground on Christmas. He had been asking me for weeks to please build a snowman. So, Friday after I picked him up from my Mom's house, I bundled him up in his new snow pants, coat, and boots (I couldn't find his gloves, but I found them later Friday night) and we ventured out onto the snow covered playground. He had fun, but didn't last too long, mainly because I think his little hands got too cold! I did find his gloves after he went to bed though. Saturday morning, Daniel and I went and did our grocery shopping, and then after packing him a lunch, about 1130 we headed up to Clearfield. I dropped Daniel off with his Uncle Tony and his cousins, while Anni and I went to the nearby theater and saw Mockingjay Part 1. I loved it, and I was grateful I got to go see it with great company. After the movie we went back to their place, visited for a minute and then while Tony distracted Daniel,  Anni and I left again and went to Olive Garden for dinner!  We waited and visited for about thirty minutes before we were seated and then had a delicious dinner and a great visit!  It was such a nice afternoon and it was great to get a little break from my adorable kiddo for a few hours. I love Daniel to pieces, don't get me wrong, but the little non-work break away from him was the best! And I love visiting with my sister-in-law! When we got back, Tony had bathed all the kiddos and Daniel was eating his hotdogs. In the middle of eating, however, he started melting down (showing how very tired he was) so I bundled him up, Tony took him out to the car for me, and he screamed THE ENTIRE way home!  I got him upstairs and tucked into bed and just let him scream himself out, poor kiddo had lots of fun playing with his cousins but it tired him out to the point he was just beyond overtired and stimulated. Sunday, church went well. My sweet relief society president, Sister Heslop invited Daniel and I to sit with her and her husband. She also helped keep him entertained during the meeting. I was very grateful to her!  Daniel thoroughly enjoyed nursery and I am sad that this is our last week of 11 am, next week we are back to 1pm, again. Sigh. Oh well, what can you do?  After church we had our home teachers and then we went to my parents for dinner. When we got home, Daniel wanted to go play in the snow, but since it was dark and past bedtime, I told him we would go out tomorrow, which only slightly appeased him. This morning after we ran some errands, I got Daniel bundled up and he was soooo excited to go play in the snow. He was also "helpful" in shoveling our walk. But he had endless fun out there, I had to finally drag him in to have lunch!

Playing outside (sans gloves) on the 26th.








Styling a cute little mohawk...courtesy of Uncle Tony


Watching his Elmo "dee-wee-dee" (as he says it)


Being such a good helper, helping Mom shovel our walk this morning.






No comments:

Post a Comment