I got awoken at 7 am this morning by Daniel knocking on his door telling me "Mommy, I'm up!" (sigh) So I went and got him up and he was excited to come down the stairs and the first thing he saw was his new Elmo pillow from Santa! Our Christmas was small but it was great! He was happy opening all of his presents, and then promptly wanted half of them put together. He got a dinosaur play set, and a truck that holds crayons, and coloring books, and a Sound Thomas Book that came with a plush Thomas train, his favorite was a plush Elmo and Elmo Saves Christmas movie, and some other little things. Santa brought me a cd, a couple nice sweaters, and in the surprise box Santa left me last night, a Welcome mat, a blanket, and the Hunger Games and Catching Fire dvds! and lots of snacks (including a case of Mountain Dew!) and some other fun little things. I again was truly humbled and grateful for my little family being looked out for! We had breakfast and then about 10 we drove over to my parents house and visited with them, and my sister who is on her mission. We opened presents there as well. Daniel had fun helping everyone open their presents, and most everyone was a good sport about letting him do it! Daniel got a lego set, and snow pants, and new winter coat and gloves, some pajamas and sleepers, and a set of CAT tractors that make noise (that one is a favorite). He also got some fruit from his Aunts as well. I got a set of jumper cables for my car from my brother, and a new coat rack, a set of clippers (so I can cut Daniel's hair), and a rice cooker, and some other little things! After we visited for a little bit, we went over and visited and snacked with Great Grandma and Grandpa Walker and family there for a good long while, before we came home and I put Daniel down for his much needed nap. While he was down for his nap, I did some re-arranging in the family room while he slept, then he came down and Daniel was content playing with his fun new things. I have so many things to be grateful for, first and foremost among them is my wonderful son and both my families that I am blessed to be apart of.
Christmas Morning!
Santa Came!
Coming downstairs, to see
for himself.
Opening and discovering
his presents!
I love his innocent excitement!
He loves his little race track
that Santa left him.
Thomas book!
Dinosaurs!
The all important and asked
for, ELMO!!
Putting his crayons
in his awesome new
truck that carries them.
At my parent's house.
Pajamas!
Being "helpful"
Pose!
Ivan with his present.
Daniel playing after his nap.
Dinosaurs, "Rawr!"
Just Playin' with all his fun new things!
Showing off his favorite
tractor of the bunch :)
"Mommy, it's an elephant"
No comments:
Post a Comment