Sunday, December 14, 2014

Holbrook Family Party

Yesterday, Daniel slept until about 9:00, when I finally went in and woke him up. I got him dressed in one of his cute new holiday shirts that we got from Tony and Anni, until Daniel spotted one with Thomas the Train on it, then we changed shirts to that one!  After we had breakfast, Daniel played while I did some cleaning upstairs, then we ran some errands, came home, I put Daniel down for an early nap, and a little after 1215 we headed up to Nana and Papa's in Clearfield for the family Christmas Party with Grandma and Grandpa Walker. We had a yummy cheese potato and ham dinner with sides (I brought salad) and it was very nice, The table decorations were super cute as well. Daniel and all the kids got fun little bags, so I put Daniel in his high chair when we got up there, and he had fun playing with all the little surprises in it!  When it was time for dinner, I got Daniel's plate, and then Tony kindly kept an eye on him, while I got my plate and we had the delicious dinner. After dinner was cleared away, the kids helped "tell" with flashlights the nativity story as Grandpa Walker read it to us. Daniel had Mary, (and didn't so much understand or care), but it was super fun to watch! After that, we had presents. Tony helped Daniel open his and he got lots of fun things, a little castle, and a little people play set, and a fun bag of toy tools that each light up and make sound and the bag came personalized with his name on it! We both loved what we received and were very thankful. We also played a very fun gift stealing game with some small fun items!  After that, Daniel played with some things, while people started heading out. Daniel and I hung around for a while after that and visited, and Papa brought out a fun singing dog that all three of the grandkids got a kick out of!  Sadly, after a little bit, it was time to come home as Daniel was getting tired, so I loaded up the car, while Papa kindly put Daniel in his carseat for me. Tony ran me out some forgotten items, and then we came home.  When we got home, Daniel played for a little bit while I brought some things in from the car, then I bathed him and read him a story, and he settled down quickly for bed. It was a fun afternoon!


Daniel's first shirt I put on him.




And the Thomas one we eventually settled on.


Daniel's having lots of fun with a little
activity bag he got at the party!




I"m not sure why he 
was pulling this face in this one..


The nativity story







Presents! Help from Nana




And help from Uncle Tony




 I love both of the faces 
they are pulling in this one!


The fun tool bag and tools that
he got from Great Grandma Walker.
He loves them!







Having fun with Papa's dancing dog!





No comments:

Post a Comment