Saturday, December 20, 2014

A Very Long Week!

 Okay, so really, it was only a few days...but it felt like a week. Going back to Sunday church went well, although my mouth started hurting a bit more intensely than it had been hurting Saturday. While Daniel and I were at my parents, the pain got a lot worse, so my dad, Grandpa Smith, and brothers assisted in giving me a blessing, before I came home and put Daniel to bed. Then I went to sleep...well I tried. I ended up not sleeping at all, because my tooth and jaw hurt so badly! Monday morning, I discovered my jaw had swelled severely during the night.  I called the daycare at 7 to see if they could take Daniel because a: I was hoping to see my dentist that morning and b: with how much pain I was in, I just didn't think I would deal well with my wonderful but sometimes trying little guy, and thankfully the daycare was able to take him! I dropped him off about 730 and then came home and rested on the couch while I waited for 830 to roll around so I could call the dentist office. Longest hour of my life!! When I called and explained what was going on, the receptionist told me she could fit me in around 230. Meanwhile, she spoke to Dr. Huffaker, and he called in a prescription for an antibiotic that she wanted me to start taking. I went and filled that, and thankfully, a little after 11, the receptionist called me back and asked if I could get there right away, as they had an appointment not show up. I was there ten minutes later! When the receptionist saw me, she said "oh" and for the first time ever that I can recall at the dentist, I walked back and was in a chair. After Dr. Huffaker looked at me, and took xrays, he determined my tooth was infected. Well, when he drilled it, he told me to expect to feel (as much as I could feel, being blessedly numb at this point) a small eruption when he drilled to the infection. Well, the eruption never happened, first bad sign. Second bad sign...he tried little manual drill things to get further into the tooth..still no infection. He then told me, the infection had left the tooth and had settled into my jawbone and surrounding cheek tissues, which is why I was so swollen. He also told me that I had broken a tooth, and a crack in the filling of it is where the infection most likely entered. So he cleaned the tooth out as best he could, re filled it, gave me more antibiotic before I left, and told me if the swelling hadn't gone down by Wednesday to call and they would get me on a stronger antibiotic. He also gave me worst case scenario-if the antibotics don't work, before he can finish work on the tooth, I could be looking at surgery to remove the infected part of the jawbone because right now I am in danger of it spreading and getting worse. Thanks for that happy info! After I finished up at the dentist, I came home and rested before going and picking up Daniel about 4. Not the funnest day of my life, but at least I was comforted in knowing Daniel was happy and being well taken care of. I love that his daycare is flexible and willing to take him on days that he's not scheduled to be there. I was supposed to go to a ward Single Sisters Christmas Dinner at one of the ward members houses that evening, but I wasn't feeling up to it at all, so Daniel and I just chilled at home. Tuesday a good friend came over and we did some holiday baking while Daniel and her daughter played happily. I wasn't up to doing a whole lot, but it was a nice distraction. We had a good visit and got a lot of the treats made that she wanted to. Tuesday night I was able to sleep a bit better. Wednesday was a normal work/daycare day, my jaw wasn't as swollen but still pretty noticeable. In fact one of my co-workers jokingly asked me who hit me :/ but I survived, and Daniel got to help make a pretty tree decoration for his teacher's door along with the rest of his class by providing his painted handprint! He was very excited to show me when I came to pick him up! We dropped by my mom's house after I picked him up, and I visited with my Mom for a while and Daniel played with his cousins before we came home. And then there was bedtime. it started after I bathed Daniel and got him in his pajamas, I took him into his room and asked him what book he would like to read for his bedtime story. He asked for 'Goodnight Moon'..so I went to the bookcase and a quick search there revealed it wasn't there!  I looked all over his room and downstairs, and I could not find it!  Daniel was very sad, but eventually settled on a Halloween Look and Find book to read, and after he was in bed, I searched the rest of the place, I couldn't find it...so thanks to Amazon our new copies (I ordered 2 just in case) should be here sometime Friday. Friday, after work, Daniel and I went up to Melinda's and the kiddos played and Melinda, Spencer, and I had a nice visit. Today threw Daniel and I off a bit, because I worked today to make up for my "lost" day on Christmas, so Daniel went to my parents house while I worked. After work, Daniel and I did a little bit of last minute shopping for things I have forgotten for this coming week, then we came home and Daniel played with his fun toys!


Daniel playing with his toys







Taking a break to color.



Playing with Lily on Tuesday






Daniel's room and the living room were
quite the messes. But they both did a 
good job helping clean up.




They took turns styling a little bow tie
as a head band. They both look
cute it in!


Daniel playing (and sleeping) in his new tent and tunnel.









No comments:

Post a Comment