Christmas Eve was pretty low-key again this year. Mostly, because I worked again this year. I am grateful I at least got off at 4 today instead of 8 like last year. I took Daniel to daycare and because they closed early, my mom walked up about 230 and picked him up (they closed at 3) and took her to their house and I joined them after work. As I was getting there, Daniel was leaving with Grandpa to go deliver some treats to neighbors, so I visited with my mom until they got home. Then my mom pulled out Ivan's new toy and Daniel had fun playing with it and Ivan! It was pretty funny to watch. After a little while, my sisters came, and Daniel sat and watched about half of a Thomas the Train Christmas, until my aunt and cousins came. Then Daniel read a story with my cousin and her cute husband and shortly after that it was time to eat. We had broccoli cheddar or corn chowder soup to choose from with breadbowls, and red and green jello in the shape of Santa and a Christmas tree respectively, and some fruit and dip. It was really yummy! About 715 Daniel and I came home. As we were loading up the car, Daniel discovered a big box by our car, and I was truly humbled to discover Santa made an early drop of presents with instructions for me to put it under my tree and open in the morning! We came home and I changed Daniel into his adorable new pajamas and slippers (he insisted he was wearing the slippers to bed) and he was beyond excited and thrilled when I think it settled in to him (as much as anything does when you are 2 and a half) that tomorrow is Christmas. I am looking forward to spending it with my son and our families, and I have to admit I have had some brief sad moments today as well, with the reality that Daddy/Eric isn't here on earth to celebrate this year with us, but as always, I have largely learned to adjust, and it has made me even more grateful toward the True Meaning of the season, in that through the birth of our Savior it has made possible that Eric, Daniel and I are part of an eternal family.
Playing with Ivan
 |
| "This toy is mine, little human" |
Reading with my cousin and
her husband.
Being silly while waiting for dinner
My cute niece and her parents..and
my other brother.
And Eric and Ivan "the not-so-happy"
reindeer.
In his cute pajamas and slippers,
ready for bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment