Friday, July 22, 2016

Imaginary Dad

Lately, (within the past couple weeks)  as Daniel has been playing or if we are driving in the car, he will say something and when I respond or ask a question, he stops me and will tell me, "Mom, I'm not talking to you, I'm talking to my imaginary Dad!"  Eric passed away when Daniel was just 21 months old, so I knew and expected he wouldn't remember him. Now, as a four year old, his "dad" in his mind is an imaginary friend, because he doesn't remember his real dad.   I knew days like this would come as he got older, and that I would have to start the grieving process again alongside my son, but I confess to being completely unprepared when he first started playing with his imaginary Dad....and just how deeply it hit home, that to Daniel, his dad will be only remembered in pictures and stories that will be told to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment