Monday, September 8, 2014

Stories from the Daycare

 So, going back to Tuesday the 2nd. It was a typical day after our fun Labor Day. Daniel and I went and ran some errands and that was about it. Wednesday was daycare and work, Daniel confused his teacher a bit Wednesday because he kept telling her that he was going to "go to Dadda's sleeping place" so I explained to her what it meant when she asked me about it when I picked him up. Daniel and I went home and he had fun playing in the backyard with his cousins who were at our house!  Thursday was another funny daycare moment. He was playing with a fun little magnet board that has the little magnets in it with a glass cover, then you move the wand over it to move the little balls. Well the front windows of his classroom face out to the parking lot, so he saw me when I pulled up, and by the time I walked into his classroom, he was trying to "hide" the toy in his daycare bag (the bag that goes back and forth with him with his necessary stuff in it) to take home. He was very sad to have to leave it behind, but got distracted when we went outside by the tractors in the construction just across the parking lot from the daycare. He sure does love his trucks, trains, and tractors!! He has a new teacher at daycare, and he just loves her and playing with the other kids!  Friday when I got home from work, we went for a walk and that evening my dad watched Daniel while my mom, sister's, and I went to my cousin's bridal shower that evening. It was lots of fun and great visiting!

 Saturday morning, I went and got my hair trimmed while Daniel played outside with Grandpa and Uncle Eric, then he and I played outside and inside while my parents and siblings and niece were gone to the football game. He had french toast for lunch and went down for a nap. When I woke up Saturday morning, there was a beautiful, clear rainbow stretched across the sky that I could see from my bedroom, so I went out and got a picture of it!  After Daniel's nap, we headed up to Layton and met up with my in-laws to celebrate my sister-in-laws birthday. Originally we were going to Olive Garden, but since the wait was and hour and a half long and the kids were not going to wait that long, Daniel and I carpooled with Nana and Papa and we went to the Brick Oven for her birthday dinner instead. It was really good and we had a good time visiting and celebrating her birthday. Daniel, however, ate his cheese pizza a little too fast and ended up informing me that "his tummy hurt", but he got over it. He also ate two of my pieces of garlic bread, some fruit that Uncle Tony fed him, as well as half of a dessert ice cream cookie sundae!  I honestly don't know where he puts all the food he eats, but it sure is entertaining to watch him do it!

Sunday morning Daniel went outside with me to throw some stuff away, and of course found some puddles at the end of the driveway to play in for a bit! We survived church, and after going home and changing out of our Sunday clothes we went up and spent the rest of the day at Nana and Papa's!  Daniel had such fun playing with his cousins on their new swing set and trampoline and other toys!!  We had dinner and we visited while the kiddos played, then when Daniel was all played out we headed for home (to my surprise Daniel didn't fall alseep on the way home like I was expecting him to), so we came home and he told Grandma and Grandpa about playing up at Nana and Papa's, read a book with Uncle Eric and then I put him to bed. Today we went and played this morning up at Melinda's. Daniel sure loves playing with them! And Melinda and I had a good visit, too!  We had lunch with them, then headed home and put Daniel down for his nap. I had told Daniel tonight for family home evening that we would go ride the train, well, he reminded me of this when he woke up from his nap, but since the weather in not cooperating I told him we'd have to do it another day :( sad boy, but what can you do?  We did end up having a very fun family home evening with my parents and my brother and his family though. And Daniel enjoyed watching for the lightening outside.


These are the only pictures I managed to take this week. 

This first set is Daniel playing outside Sunday morning.

Splashing in the puddle



He took a roll in the grass as well.



And Playing Sunday up at Nana and Papa's!!



He enjoyed the little trampoline.



Such happiness!!


 


 And this swing, he discovered it was much easier to swing with Cousin Elizabeth helping!!

"This isn't very fun, Mom"

Much happier with help! Now it's fun!

Enjoying the smaller slide and swing



Playing on the big swing set







And "helping" Uncle Tony grill dinner on this fun toy grill!


















No comments:

Post a Comment