Tuesday, September 16, 2014

It's Two Days of Craziness......Salsa Making 2014!!

Yesterday was day 1 of me and my good friend's 2 Day Salsa Making Extravaganza! She and her brother's girlfriend picked me and Daniel up, we took Daniel to my friends house to play with her daughter while her husband watched them, so we could go pick our tomatoes, peppers, and onions for the salsa without the two kiddos underfoot! On the way back to her house, we stopped by Walmart and picked up lids and lunch for us and the kids-then headed to her house where the tomato-peeling-pepper-chopping-and onion-peeling began in earnest! *Side Note: Chopping peppers then forgetting and rubbing your eyes is painful* (I much prefer peeling and chopping tomatoes). We got two batches chopped and ready to go into jars before calling it a day about six. Daniel and I then got dropped back off at home, had dinner, family home evening with my brothers family, then I did laundry till about 10pm.  Tuesday, I cleaned at my sister's house,(my son broke her blinds, little stinker) then I picked up our good friend and we were another trio of salsa making fun! I peeled and cut tomatoes today and we had good visiting while the kids enjoyed playing again!  Daniel really enjoyed playing on their "tramper" as that is what he calls the trampoline. It was busy but the end result of approximately 180 jars in 4 batches of salsa is worth it!  Also, I am thankful to my friend for listening for Daniel while he was napping while I ran my other friend home, and dropped by the repair shop to pick up the estimate and arranged to drop my car of next Monday to get fixed, yay!! What a crazy couple of days!

Salsa Making 2014

Hard at Work...Both Days.






Should we really have given her a knife???

Peeling tomatoes


It's cooking...



Finished Product!!



And What Daniel Did For 2 Days!


He jumped on the "tramper"...his word for a trampoline, such a Cutie!!!





"Drove" the Car...


So stylish in my friend's daughter's vest!




And he and Lily helped "cook" salsa!!






No comments:

Post a Comment