Monday, September 29, 2014

A Wedding & Baby Shower & More Stuff

Monday afternoon, Daniel and I went and played at the "Train Park"-the park he absolutely loves!! After he played and expelled some energy, we went home and he had fun playing with his cousins and we ended the evening with our usual combined family home evening with my brother's family, which has been so nice!! Tuesday, the 24th I spent helping a friend out while Daniel played with her little girl. I got there about 930 and we dug in to what we were trying to help her get accomplished. Another of our friends also came as well and she brought a helper. We did take a break about 1 to go feed us and the kids lunch, then we headed back, Daniel went down for a nap, and we were back working! Daniel and I called it a day about 530 (we got through a lot of what my friend wanted to get done), came home, had dinner, and I put Daniel to bed after reading a story, and then I followed to my bed shortly after (I was exhausted!) Wednesday, I dropped Daniel off at daycare and went to work. Work was okay, Daniel had lots of fun at daycare-they learned about the letter A in learning time, and he regaled me on the way home with a list of what he'd eaten for breakfast and lunch. Breakfast was oatmeal and milk, lunch was fruit and pancakes-or fruit and sandwiches (I suspect the latter, but his list kept changing) Daniel does love his food :)  When we got home, we played for a bit and as we were finishing dinner with my parents, Daniel's Aunt Karen called. Daniel was very excited to get to talk with her for a bit (anytime he talks on his play phone it's to his Aunt Karen), then we chatted for a bit which was nice. After Daniel was down for the night, I called/emailed my sisters about their visiting teaching (I"m still not entirely comfortable in this calling) and then I had some time to  myself since Daniel was down and everyone else was out of the house! Thursday after work, when I went to Daniel's classroom to pick him up, he was sitting with the other kids around his teacher and as she would hold up a card-the first one I saw Daniel excitedly yelled out it was an alligator, then his teacher asked "What color is it" and Daniel said correctly that it was green! He also identified a circle and a clock, before he spotted me and was ready to go!
When we got home, Great Grandpa Smith came over for dinner, and Daniel was very sweet reading his Alaska Bears book with him. We had french toast for dinner and Daniel enjoyed telling Grandma and Grandpa and Great-Grandpa about his fun teacher at daycare! Friday, Daniel had fun in the yard with Grandma, then when my Dad got home from work, he kindly took Daniel for his Friday walk. Later that night as my mom and I were watching the Amazing Race, Daniel was crawling around on the floor, and Ivan started to stalk him, then later jumped and pounced right on Daniel's back. It was sooo funny, (but less amusing for Daniel). He and Ivan have a love/hate relationship. Saturday was a pretty busy day! My dad watched Daniel for me in the morning while I went with my mom and sisters to my cousin's bridal shower, then after he was up from his nap, Daniel went with me to my good friend, Candi's, baby shower. I've known her from work for close to 6 1/2 years! Daniel and fun running around and expelling energy, while I got to visit with her and her mom. We had a wonderfully long visit, while Daniel played, I hated for the afternoon to come to and end! Daniel and I did eventually head home, though, and we watched the REAL game before it was time to put Daniel down for bed. He did not go down real easily though, because he had been inside a lot Saturday, due to the rain. Sunday, Daniel refused to take his nap before church-which made for a very long, trying Sacrament meeting, luckily he settled down for his uncle in nursery, and actually tried to sing along with the songs during singing time!! Sunday night was our Smith (my mom's side of the family) birthday dinners, Daniel and I ate and ran-because someone was super tired and cranky (i.e. no nap will do that to him). But overall, it was fun.

Playing on Monday both at the park and at home

At the Park



Climbing the ladder



He made it up!!






He likes to hang on the bar above the slide.


Playing with the little catapult that came in his free kids meal.





Unpacking and stacking his backpack!






Playing with his uncle!



Mom this is all my stuff!
 Reading with Great Grandpa Smith...so sweet!!



Daniel and Ivan....fighting their usual battles. 







No comments:

Post a Comment