Saturday, April 18, 2015

Uneventful Week....Mostly ;)

Sunday April 12 was a blessedly quiet day. Daniel played in his room happily all morning (I did have his door open fyi) he just wanted to play in his room, which was nice. I stayed up in my room and read on my kindle. After we had lunch we went to church and Daniel behaved well and quietly through Sacrament meeting, then after church we went to my parents house and we had dinner and went for a walk, and my brother and sister made no-bake cookies that we all enjoyed. Sunday I was seriously wondering where my kiddo was...not that he isn't well behaved...he just wasn't his rambunctious self...however, he was back to normal Monday ;). Early Monday morning...like 2 am early...I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep... so I did laundry and some other things quietly so as not to disturb Daniel as I couldn't get back to sleep at all that night. After Daniel woke up and had breakfast, I put the done laundry away, then I packed us a lunch and we followed Melinda and her kiddos and a couple gals from her ward and we all followed each other up to the Natural Museum of History as we had free tickets. Parking was a bit of a challenge, but we eventually got parked and we went. The kids all had fun for a couple hours while we visited with each other, we went to the top terrace and ate our lunches outside, which the kiddos enjoyed, while we visited some more. After eating lunch, Daniel was done, so we left and he was asleep before I started the car! On our way out of the museum we bumped into my brother and his little family coming in, which was nice. We said hello and goodbye and Daniel and I came home where he finished napping while I got some stuff done. After Daniel's nap we went outside and he enjoyed playing at the playground and with his little bucket and rake and shovel set he got from his Nana. He had lots of fun, until it was time to come in and he played inside while I got dinner ready. I must have forgotten to close his door tightly Monday night, because Tuesday morning I woke up with Daniel in bed next to me! It was kind of cute, and honestly, I can't believe I didn't wake up when he climbed in, but ah, well...it was cute! Tuesday morning Daniel and I went to Melinda's and I watched her kiddos for her while she did some stuff. Then after we had lunch we came home and Daniel napped. While I was upstairs during Daniel's nap, there was a loud crack, and I realized I had a lot more light coming in my room than I usually do! I went downstairs and opened my front door and discovered a big part of the tree in front of the condo had come down and was in front of my door! My neighbor heard it and had come out...and made some phone calls.  After Daniel woke up, he oohed at the tree then we were off to Jonathan's for a fun afternoon playdate! When we got back, thanks to the efficiency of this ward/neighborhood (my condo neighbor called our Elder's quorum president) they had it chainsawed up and cleared away, right as one the members of the HOA showed up to assess the damage. They piled the branches up to be cleared away! I am very thankful and very grateful that the tree didn't take out my window or my car out! It did flatten my rain gutter, but that should get fixed in the next week or so! Oh, and the poor young men and their leaders (and chainsaws) showed up about 10 minutes after the Elder's had finished to clean up the tree mess....that was now cleaned up....however they were kind enough to change out my furnace filter for me and they also made sure all my light bulbs in my house were working.  This ward is absolutely amazing!  Then Tuesday night our missing winter time decided to show up :)
Wednesday, Daniel was delighted to find snow, but less excited to have to go to daycare. However, after daycare we came home and grabbed our snow gear and went up to Melinda's house and had fun playing with the kiddos in the backyard. We built two small snowmen and walked around and fell and when we were all freezing we came back inside and Melinda invited us to watch Big Hero 6 with them which we stayed for...such a cute movie! Spencer and Melinda also kindly ordered pizza for all of us so we joined them for pizza dinner and the movie...it was a super fun afternoon! Thursday was normal, and Friday while I was at work, Daniel walked up with my mom to the DI and they saw the tractors while they walked up and my mom found 'Pete's Dragon' the movie, so when I got back from work, my mom started that for him while I ran and got my haircut. When I got back, we paused it and his Aunt Loralee promised him that he could come back and watch it Monday, since she is going to watch him while I go back to the dentist. After that we went to Arctic Circle for our 'Family Fun Night' Activity and it was lots of fun! When we got home after dinner Friday, I was doing some cleaning in my kitchen and heard Daniel yell, "Coming Down" then a crash. I bolted into the family room and found my laptop at the bottom of the stairs and  Daniel and the top, looking rather proud of himself.  Little Turkey!! Thankfully the computer did not break! Daniel and I had a talk about not throwing Mommy's computer, then it was bedtime for him. Today was busy! We got up and after breakfast we went and ran some needed errands including finding a desk small enough to fit in my room to relocate my computer to, so it's no longer a curiosity item. I found a nice one on sale at Office Depot! After we dropped stuff off at home I took Daniel over to the 'Dinosaur Park' and he played there for about 3 hours and had lots of fun! After we came home and I fed Daniel lunch and put him down for his nap, then put together said desk (took me all three plus hours while Daniel was napping)  and starting cleaning house while he was down! When he woke up, he helped me clean up his room. Then we went outside and he spied his friend Jonathan playing in his yard, and took off and they played together for awhile, until it was time for Jonathan to leave with his parents and us to come home so I could start dinner. After dinner he watched a Thomas the Train episode then it was bedtime!
One morning Daniel built a 
boat out of his legos and had fun
sailing it around our living room!




Playing in the snow Wednesday


The kiddos eating pizza, watching
Big Hero 6!


Fun at the 'Dinosaur Park' this morning






No comments:

Post a Comment