Saturday, April 11, 2015

A Playdate, R.S. B-day Party, & A Baptism!

Monday, the 6th, was pretty quiet around here. Daniel played mostly, while I got some household chores done. We went and ran a couple errands, the last was to get my 'check engine' light that came on checked out. Thankfully it just needed a new gas cap, here's hoping!! Tuesday, I watched my friend's daughter while she did stuff. Daniel was very excited to have Lilly come over so much so that he had trouble going to bed Monday night after FHE! Tuesday Daniel woke up early...like 5:30 early, so I just let him play in his room until I was ready to get going for the day...at about 7:30. Daniel was very excited to have Lilly come over, and since Daniel has been wanting to go to Chuck E Cheese, I took them up there a little after 11, they mostly had fun, Lilly had some rough times..so we only ended up staying about an hour before we left. Daniel requested a tootsie roll...he's so easy to please :) so he left with his tootsie roll and Lilly got a fun little toy makeup set. Lilly did fine when we got home, and I promised a sad Daniel that we would go back another day and play.  When we got home they played happily until Jennika came to get Lilly, and we ended up letting the kids play while we chatted for awhile. Wednesday was a normal work/daycare day, although Daniel had a bit of a rough start heading into daycare but they reported he settled down and did fine. Work didn't go so well, but I made it through. When I went to pick Daniel up, we ended up having to search a bit to find his 'daycare bag', but we eventually found it. Then we ran to Smiths to pick up a few things I needed and while we were there, Daniel was delighted to run into Naomi and Dean, and they had fun talking back and forth to each other, while Melinda and I chatted for a bit. Then we came home and he played while I got dinner ready. A little after 8, a gal from my ward came and kept an ear out for Daniel for me (he was already in bed) while I went to the church to help Cheryl and Katie get things...mainly the balloon arch... ready for our R.S. birthday activity that we had on Thursday. It was a little after 10 before I made it back home. Daniel had a bit of a rough night Wed night which made getting up and going to daycare Thursday quite the battle, but I got him there!  I survived work, and when I went to pick Daniel up, they had found his lost jacket (yay!) and he was having lots of fun out on the playground. They were getting lined up ready to go back in when I got there, so he just came with me. We came home and Daniel wanted to go play outside on the playground, so we went outside and played for a couple hours with bubbles and a couple of his little friends in the condo. Just before 6 I loaded him into the car and I dropped him off at the provided nursery while I went to our wards 'Witches Night Out'-themed Relief Society Birthday Party!  It was lots of fun, and Daniel was thrilled when he was joined by Johnathan in the nursery. I sat by Marie and some of our stake relief society presidency and we ate and visited and reluctantly I let myself be talked into getting 'Glitter Lips' put on....mind you I think I have worn lipstick maybe once in my life....but it was well worth it, because when I went to get Daniel from the nursery after it was over, he saw me and exclaimed "Mommy, you look pretty with your lips!"  Love my kiddo! As Marie and I were loading our kids into the car, Daniel and Johnathan were clamoring for a playdate...so we set one up for next week for them which satisfied both of them! Friday after work we had a Family Fun Night, I took Daniel over to the Rec Center and we went playing and swimming in the water for two hours! We picked up dinner on the way home, and after we ate, we went outside and played at the playground until we lost light, then sadly came in and I got Daniel ready and tucked into bed. This morning, Daniel played in his room, then we got ready and went to my niece's baptism. There were quite a few baptisms being done in the stake that morning, luckily she went first. I was so happy for her and so glad to be there for her. Daniel was his normal, darling self through the thing. After we went to my parents house and had lunch, then Daniel and I ran to Smith's to get some things we needed, then to Daniel's delight I took our car and we went through the car wash, he loved it! Then we came home and he went down for a nap while I did some cleaning. And that was our week.


Playing with his new hot wheels track.





A video of him playing with it.



Playing at Chuck E Cheese






All tired out...


Daniel with my cute niece today
who was baptised!


No comments:

Post a Comment