Sunday, May 15, 2016

April Recapped

We did a few things in April. Daniel loved having some of his cousins over to play one afternoon.




He doesn't actually really wear the hats he has...but he found other uses for it :)





He had fun playing with legos.



I finished school the 13th and had a two week break...right after I finished finals,I came down with strep throat and an ear infection :/  Daniel had fun setting up a spot in my room to play...complete with a "bed" on my windowsill.



Sunday the 17th, I was still feeling pretty crappy.  Daniel and I went to church with the intent of just going to sacrament meeting. At the end though Daniel threw a fit and was very sad about not going to sunbeams so a sweet sister in our ward was kind enough to take him and pick him up and bring him home after church was over...and I got a couple hours break to rest which was very needed. After we went to my parents house and celebrated April birthdays.
Monday we drove up to Logan in the morning and got Daniel some boxed milk and me some cheese, and then I let him play for about three hours at a little place up there called Bounce N Slide...he loved it! I loved it because it was really cheap (I just had to pay $5 for Daniel) and it wore him out! Win, Win! :) We had a picnic lunch outside when we got home, then he had quiet time on the couch while watching a show.





A couple videos from Bounce N Slide




Tuesday we spent the morning/evening up in South Ogden with a good friend of mine. Daniel and her daughter had lots of fun playing with each other. And after dinner we left the kiddos with Jenn's husband, and Jenn, Dani (another friend of Jenn's) and I went and saw My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 as a girl's night, it was cute and fun. Then we drove home and I put Daniel to bed..late night for my poor kiddo and me. 








Video of Daniel playing with a fun car at Jenn's house



Tired, dirty boy!

The next morning, I was feeling worse than I have all week, so it was back to my doctor and she told me I still had some strep throat but also an upper respiratory infection so I was prescribed more antibiotic and Daniel and I were off to pick that up, then we came home and I tried to rest, ya know in between laundry and a delightful-if-a-little-demanding-3-year old wanting attention. I was feeling better Thursday a bit, and luckily Daniel's package containing two new fun books came! He was quite entertained with them and with his other toys and as long as I kept a movie going, I was able to rest. We both still have nagging, lingering coughs though...so annoying!

Exploring his new books!


I think he likes it...


Saturday towards the evening at the end of April, Daniel was coughing and not feeling real well, so I bundled us up and took him over to KidsCare.  That came with a surprise...for me!  When the "kid's care" doctor came in and looked at Daniel and did a strep test (which he was positive for), she didn't like my coughing, so she asked us to wait and she got one of the Instacare doc's to come look at me. He looked me over, had me get an x-ray and to my surprise I discovered I had....pneumonia, totally threw me off!  He gave me a couple prescriptions that I filled Sunday because the pharmacy was already closed and he told me to take it easy and stay down...as much as possible with a 3 year old........(I'm thinking...uh yeah, that'll happen sooo much)
Luckily, my great ward and awesome mom came through. My home teacher dropped by that Sunday, found out what was going on, and arrangements were quickly made to have someone each day that week take Daniel in the afternoon for a few hours so that I could rest...and they also arranged for dinner to be brought in that week as well so it was one less thing to worry about. My mom also took him for me for a while as well, I LOVE my ward. Everyone was so sweet and willing to help me take care of Daniel so I could take care of myself and get better, especially since I was due to start back to school May 4th.   That Thursday night I had an absolutely awful night, so Friday Daniel was thrilled to go play at Grandma's house and my mom watched him all day for me while I got much needed alone/rest time....I took a nearly five hour nap. Daniel was all worn out from playing with his cousins all day, so he went right to bed when he got home. THANK YOU MOM!

While I was down with pneumonia, he enjoyed watching Fireman Sam on my computer while I rested.


He also enjoyed staying close to Mommy, coloring by my bed (while I was in it resting) and building a little lego house.






And my silly kiddo has taken to sleeping squished up in here.....


While his perfectly good bed sits empty!


One of the sister's in the ward who watched him while I was down that last week in April, helped him make "glasses" out of an index card, so cute!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment