Friday, the 22nd we spent a fun morning up playing with Melinda and her kiddos, and they gave Daniel his fun birthday present of an elmo shirt, that he was excited to get, and I am excited as he is going to wear it to birthday/family pictures this week. Melinda watched Daniel along with her kiddos while I had an appointment with my doctor (my back had been hurting me, I was afraid I had re-herniated a disc...thankfully she said the muscles were just pulled really badly). After that visit, I filled a prescription, then went back and picked up Daniel who had just woken up from his nap. We said our good-byes, came home real quick, I threw what I already had packed and we headed up to meet my brother-in-law, Tony, and we set off for our weekend adventure in Logan, with Nana and Papa. On the way there, Daniel took great delight in pointing out all the cows, sheep, and horses we saw! When we got up there, I unloaded our stuff from the van into the motorhome and we had a pizza dinner, and after that Daniel got to open his presents from Nana and Papa which was a trike that he absolutely loves, and from Uncle Tony and Aunt Jess which were fun legos, and some fun elmo odds and ends, the favorite of those is the sandwich cutter...he had elmo sandwiches for lunch all weekend! I also gave him his new elmo jacket and pants set as well as a birthday stuffed Elmo that sings/says a few phrases. After that, we bid goodbye to Tony, Jess, and their family, and then Daniel went outside and rode on his fun new trike for awhile, before we called it a night. Saturday was Daniel's 3rd birthday! Because it was rainy and wet, we didn't get to go to the park as planned, instead we went to the outlet stores where I picked up some things, the last stop was a yummy ice cream stop, Daniel shared some of my malt. Then it was back to the motorhome, Daniel had an elmo sandwich, and then napped. After he was up, we went and he had fun watching the lake and looking at boats, and taking rides on his new trike! After that it started to rain again, so we took refuge in the motorhome, Daniel watched a few movies, and then we had dinner, more of the yummy cake and called it a night. Daniel had trouble settling down every night, but he at least stayed in his bunk! Sunday, the weather was nice and warm, so we first went to the Smithfield Cemetery where Daniel's great-great grandparents are, and we put flowers there, then we went to a nearby Willow Park, where Daniel had a blast! There are 3 different little parks and Daniel had fun playing at each one, as well as looking at the silly ducks in the water. Daniel didn't quite know what to make of the very friendly duck that wandered right up to us!, it was quite funny. After having fun at the park for several hours, we headed back to the motorhome for lunch and nap, then Daniel and I went around the State Park for a couple hours on his trike, while he watched the boats and played. This morning, we got packed up and headed back to Clearfield, where I loaded our stuff back into our car, (except for the trike as it wouldn't fit) and we came back home. The rest of today I will probably be working on laundry and such, and I am hoping to get Daniel's new splash pool that he got from my mom put up for him. It was a GREAT weekend spent with Daniel's Nana and Papa, and a nice little getaway for us.
Presents for the birthday boy
Testing out the new trike!
Video of Daniel trying out
his new trike.
Sitting by the lake
The absolutely wonderful
Elmo cake! It was made
by my brother-in-law's father.
Playing outside!
We got to see a tractor, Daniel was thrilled!
Wearing his 'superhero cape'
Daniel's great-great grandparents.
Willow Park!
the ducks
Watching Papa make dinner.
After we got home, Daniel asked to be able to play in his pool he got for his birthday from Grandma Call, so I got that out, and he had fun in it for about an hour. After that, one of his friends from the condo came and asked if she could join Daniel in the pool, Daniel enthusiastically agreed, so she came and played in the pool with him for another hour! Then they both decided they were done, I changed Daniel and he played outside some more until we went and got hamburgers for dinner then called it a Memorial Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment