Daniel and I spent a
super fun most of the day outing at our nearby 'Dinosaur Park' today today. I packed us up a lunch and once I had everything loaded into the stroller we left the condo about 11 for the park! (In the future...hopefully I will remember sunscreen...we both got pretty burnt). We ended up staying and Daniel played at the park until 4:30! When we got to the park, we set up our blanket underneath the shade of a tree...and then Daniel was off, he would race himself around the grass and back to me, he had fun collecting sticks and pine cones, we searched for bugs...found a ladybug that flew away, and he actually only played at the 'toy area' of the park for about 20 minutes. Anyway, after he played for a while we ate lunch, then he discarded his sandals, then he played his little racing game where he would run a fair distance away from me and our blanket, and then he would race back to me and knock me over! After that, he started collecting the aforementioned sticks and pine cones and had a pretty good collection of both, oh and he found some dandelions as well and collected those too. It was funny though, because then we would sit and count them (he can only count to fourteen) so we had fourteen (plenty more actually) of all the sticks, pinecones, and dandelions. After a while, he laid down on the blanket that I kept moving as our shade moved...and pretended to take a nap. Then finally at 430 I dragged him back to the stroller and we walked back home, and he played in the condo until dinner was ready. Then he played and I cleaned his dirty self up in the tub for a good hour before I dragged him out. He insisted we wanted to go back downstairs and play some more, so I let him. As I started doing dishes, I heard him start up the stairs and then didn't hear any of the typical noises that usually follow Daniel going up the stairs. I went and investigated and found him just laying halfway up the stairs as he was so worn out from our very fun outing! He didn't even stir or talk to me when I picked him up and carried him the rest of the way to bed. After I finish this, I will probably follow him to bed...as our fun outing has exhausted me too!
Lots of pics, playing and goofing off today!
Climbing the Dinosaur
Stopping to eat lunch
Running around and "racing" himself
Being silly on the blanket with me.
Silly face.
"Napping"
"Just kidding Mom!"
"Rolling" in the grass
Looking for bugs.
Stick collecting
Playing with the stroller.
"There's an actual playground here? I'll play
for a minute"
He decided collecting pine cones
was more fun.
His complete collection of sticks and pinecones.
I only let him take 1 of each home with us ;)
I also have some fun videos of Daniel playing at the park, but I couldn't get them to load, grrrr, so hopefully I will have them up at a later date. Just know, in the end, it was a long overdue, super fun outing for the two of us!
No comments:
Post a Comment