Friday, April 3, 2015

An Okay Week

Sunday, after our super fun 'Bunny Day' celebration, Daniel helped me change out the bunny on our front door from "March" to "Easter" and he was a big help. After that, he begged to go outside with his new frisbees and butterfly spinner, so we went outside and he had fun playing outside Sunday morning. After that, we came in and he went down for his nap....it ended up being "quiet play" instead before church. After he was up from his nap, we had lunch and we were off to church. Church went well, Daniel did well through Sacrament meeting, then after church, even though he "wasn't tired at all!" He fell asleep in the car, so I drove him around for awhile before it was time to go to our monthly "birthday dinners" with my mom's side of the family. Daniel enjoyed visiting with everyone there. As we were coming home, Daniel would ask me to name an animal, and then he would sing his version parts" of Old Macdonald. It kept me laughing! When we got home, Daniel was still pretty wound up, so I let him loose with his tractors and he had fun playing for an hour past his bedtime :D, but then he declared he was ready for bed, so we got him ready, he read me 'Goodnight Moon' and he tucked himself into bed...as he told me he is a 'big boy'. Monday morning we went and ran a few quick errands, then around lunchtime we met Melinda and Naomi at a local Chinese restaurant and had lunch, then Melinda and I took Naomi and Daniel swimming. We were at the Rec Center for nearly 3 hours!  The kiddos loved it.....except after watching Naomi go with her mom down the big water slide, Daniel insisted he wanted to as well. Well, as we were going down, DAniel threw his head back at me which caused me to go off balance, and so instead of being able to hold him above the water, we both went under it instead. Daniel was less than thrilled, and absolutely refused to go again, though Melinda and Naomi went another few times. Daniel was content going back to the 'kiddie area' and playing with me there. After we finished swimming, we came home and I got Daniel changed and he crashed for a couple hours, then I changed and we went on with our day. A little before six we went to my Mom's house to celebrate her and my sister in law Rachel's birthday. We had a bit of a crisis because when we got home, Daniel discovered that he had left his soft Elmo doll that he got from his Nana(it has gone just about everywhere with him since he got it!) at Grandma Call's house, he was really upset but eventually he fell asleep. We went and retrieved him the next morning and Daniel was mollified to hear Grandma took good care of him.
After that, we came home and Daniel was overjoyed to go spend the morning out at the playground, and we were joined by one of our neighbor boys, Carson who is several years older than Daniel, but was very sweet and patient in letting Daniel tag a long and play with him. Carson's mom came out, and we chatted while the boys ran around and played and had endless fun with each other! Wednesday was just work/daycare, work was rough, but a surprise visit from Melinda who dropped off some yummy caramel popcorn made the day better! After work and picking Daniel up, he came home and helped me wrap a present and then went and dropped off a present for my cute niece. As we were coming home, Daniel spied his friend Johnathan outside, so we went over and they played in Johnathan's backyard for a while, meanwhile Marie and I chatted. It was fun, and they played for about an hour before it was time for us to come home. Daniel played with his tractors, colored, and watched parts of a Veggie Tales movie while I got dinner fixed. After dinner, Daniel had bath and bed. Then I did some cleaning before I, too, called it a night. Thursday when I went to pick up Daniel from daycare, they were just finishing up a fun finger-paintibg project, I gathered Daniel's things up as he was finishing. Well, Daniel's jacket was not with his daycare bag, and after searching several classrooms and coming up empty...we had to leave,but Daniel's teacher, Miss E said she would keep an eye out for it. Then we came home after dropping off another present for a different niece, and it was a typical evening for us. Dinner, play, bed, etc.
Today Daniel went to my mom's, he complained of his ear hurting when I went to wake him up that morning, and my mom reported he had some diarrhea issues, runny nose, and some coughing, all that plus the fact that he has been grinding his teeth for most of the week, made us suspect he is getting his two year old molars in. To distract Daniel after I picked him up, I took him over to the "Library Park" as he calls it...by the Centerville Library...hence his name for it...and he played there for a couple hours till we came home and had dinner. After dinner, he played in his bath for a bit, before he declared he was ready to go to bed. So off to bed he went. And that is where I will leave this post.

Daniel helping me change our door bunny for Easter!








My happy son playing outside!



Playing with is tractors!
 This one is still his favorite!




 Wiping the floor clean :)


More outside play!








No comments:

Post a Comment