Saturday, March 28, 2015

A Mostly Pleasant Week and Bunny Day!

Saturday the 21st Daniel and I went and ran our needed errands, then after his lunch and nap we went up to Clearfield and Daniel had fun playing with Elizabeth and Devin while I helped Tony with some things in the backyard and other stuff. We ended up staying for dinner (macaroni n cheese, Daniel was happy) and Jess and I enjoyed visiting while the kiddos played.  It was a fun Afternoon. Sunday Daniel watched "parts" of the Lego Movie we borrowed and he enjoyed what he watched of it. I really enjoyed it. He had lunch and a nap and, to be honest, I wasn't planning on taking him to our Stake Conference as it was at 2pm and I wasn't sure how well he'd handle it. Well, when he woke up from his nap, he told me, "Mommy, we need to go to Stake Conference". What a wake up call for me! So I drove us to stake conference and he actually did pretty well through the whole thing, thanks to snacks and a family from our ward that sat with us for the first part of it (they ended up having to leave). After stake conference was over, we went over to my parents house and Daniel played...and was very entertained my dad's set of magnet balls he has! Monday morning after breakfast and a little playing, we drove up to Melinda's and after getting carseats switched around and kids loaded up we went and spent a very fun morning at the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving point, which I already shared the pics for. Then we came home and Daniel napped, then played while I worked on laundry and menu making for the next couple weeks.  After Daniel's nap, since the playground was wet from the rain this morning, I put him in the stroller and we went for a walk instead. After a while, he was done, so we came home and he played while I got started on dinner.  My friend, Marie and her husband and son came over and we had dinner I made then a combined FHE lesson that our two toddlers were actually good for! After that, Jonathan's dad took him home, but Marie stayed and helped me do my dishes (which wasn't necessary, but it was nice) and we chatted for awhile and while I got Daniel ready for bed. Tuesday morning, Daniel "helped" me plan a menu for a month and then we went and did that needed grocery shopping. After we got home, Daniel played for a bit, then we went and met a couple gals and their kids from our old 2nd Ward at Arctic Circle and our kids played while we visited! Daniel also got a fun yellow bunny with his kids meal.  It was a wonderful outing! After that we came home and Daniel napped while I got some things organized and got the rest of laundry put away. After his nap, he wanted to watch a Veggie Tales moving we borrowed, so I made us (healthyish) chocolate banana smoothies in my new blender which we both quite enjoyed! Wednesday was just work/daycare, but it was also my Mom's birthday, so Daniel and I stopped by the house after work to wish her a happy birthday! Daniel was also delighted to play with his cousins, and we ended up staying for dinner as well, which was biscuit pizza. It was good! Then at bedtime we came home, and Daniel crashed. Thursday, I woke up late, and had to rush Daniel out the door, luckily we made it to the daycare in time for him to have breakfast and I got to work an hour late :/  oops. I made it through work, then we came home and Daniel played outside, then we had dinner, then Daniel played outside again. The second time, he made some new friends (2 brothers on the playground) and he invited them into his "house" and after I assured their mother that it was indeed our backyard they had fun playing around in his house,,  until it was time to come inside and get ready for bed. So Wednesday and Friday..we had some unexpected drama at work that left us short a couple people so Friday my manager begged me to come in today....I'm way too nice. I made arrangements for Daniel (thanks goes to my wonderful mother) and I worked a short(er) shift.....And I felt horrible because I didn't realize until AFTER the fact and my forgetful memory that we were supposed to be doing our 'Bunny Day' celebration at my inlaws...thankfully because they're great they pushed the fun egg hunt for the kiddos and dinner until after Daniel and I arrived. Because I was so frazzled, I totally forgot the camera, but the kids had fun with the egg hunt, Daniel had some trying times during dinner that they graciously fed us, and we had good visiting. Daniel enjoyed the little stuffed elmo that Nana and Papa gave him and I also got some fun things too!  It was lots of fun, but Daniel was happy to come home and go to bed...with his Elmo close at hand. Oh, I almost forgot, while he was running errands today with my mom, he saw some fireman and their firetruck, and the firemen graciously stopped and gave him some stickers, offered to let him sit in the seat (he didn't go for it), but they also gave him a fun hat (that he won't wear, my kiddo doesn't do hats...he takes after his father) and the best part for him was they turned the fire engine lights on for him as they were leaving!  And that was our week and super fun Bunny Day!

My cute kiddo!


"Asleep" with his new Elmo.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment