Saturday morning, Daniel slept late, and we had breakfast and then he was excited to color and eat some candy eggs that I found for him, while I got eggs boiled for dying later. He was still coughing pretty hard and was still pretty congested and he was complaining his mouth was sore, so we had a lazy Saturday at home which was very nice. I watched (parts) of conference, while Daniel played, then when he was down for his nap, I did some cleaning and organizing in our family room. While he was down for his nap, the century link technician came (I didn't think he was coming until Monday) but the timing worked, and he figured and sorted out my connection issues...here's hoping :) After Daniel was up from his nap, he played a puzzle game on my kindle while I got things ready for him to dye eggs, which he was very excited about! I was planning on doing 6 but one broke, but that actually worked out better, because there were five dye cups, so he simply drew with the white crayon on each egg and carefully put one in each cup. He was very excited when I lifted them out to discover they had changed color. After we finished that and I put them on the stove to dry, he went back to playing his puzzle game on my kindle, he got very good with the first four for beginners, so I bought a few more for him with part of my gift card, and he did really well with those too!! Then he heard kids out on 'Everybody's Playground' (which is his new name for the condo playground) and he wanted to go join them so we did, until it was time to come in and he played in the family room while I got our dinner ready. I did deviled eggs and an 'Easter Pie' filled with different meats and cheeses, and it worked out really nicely! After dinner, Daniel went to bed. Sunday, Daniel came downstairs and discovered the Easter Bunny had left him an Elmo basket filled with fun things! He looked through that, and he also enjoyed a little 'mini egg hunt' in our living room, and with just a little help from me he found all the eggs! After that, he settled into his chair and watched his new Veggie Tales Easter movie that he had been left. After his movie, I went over with him the real reason we have Easter...that Jesus died and was resurrected *side note: It's hilarious listening to Daniel try to say resurrected* Then Daniel played happily while I watched parts of conference, then we went over to my parents and Daniel played while I visited for a bit, then I fed Daniel lunch that we brought with us as he insisted he wanted to eat lunch at Grandma's house, then came home and Daniel napped while I listened to the last session of Conference. After Daniel was up from his nap, we went to a ward member's house, they are an older couple that sit with Daniel and I in Sacrament meeting. Sister A invited us to their Easter dinner, and it was very nice. And it was nice to meet her kids as well, and Daniel had fun playing with their grand kids and all the toy cars they have. When we got home, to Daniel's delight he discovered "the Easter bunny came again!" as he put it...as someone had dropped off a fun little basket of candy filled eggs and some summer clothing for him, and a few other little things! Daniel was super excited, and I was truly touched, as once again, these little kindnesses that remind me (and perhaps appropriately on Easter Sunday) that my little family is loved and being watched out for by so many! It was a nice Weekend!
The Color Your Own (Edible)
Eggs
Dyeing Eggs
Putting together a puzzle on
my kindle all by himself.
He's gotten really good at it!
Our Saturday night 'Easter Pie' and Deviled Eggs
Dinner
The Easter Bunny paid a visit.
He got a Veggie Tales movie!
And other fun
small stuff.
In his new Sunday outfit. This was the
closest he would come to smiling for
the camera.
No comments:
Post a Comment