Saturday morning, I loaded the backpack and Daniel into the car and we went up to Clearfield (a little later than we planned due to both of us sleeping in) and had a delicious "pie" breakfast in honor of 3/14/15. Oh, and we also had delicious apple pie as well! After we ate, Daniel had fun playing with his cousins while I visited with Linda and Jess, and after a little while Tony, Anni, and I left the kiddos playing with their Nana while we went on a hunt for Girl Scout Cookies...with much success...though I behaved and restrained myself to 3 boxes. After that, we picked up some lunch for us and the kiddos and came back to Nana's house and ate it. Then the kids happily back outside and played, Daniel got a kick out of the little trampoline they have. While Linda, Anni, and I visited some more. It was a GREAT morning! By the time we left, Daniel was beyond tired, and fell asleep as soon as I pulled out of the driveway and slept all the way home. I woke him up getting him out of the carseat and he groggily walked inside and upstairs and informed me "I still needs my nap, Mommy" and planted himself face down on his bed! I let him nap while I cleaned up our burned crockpot dinner :/ and cracked open the kitchen door to let some air circulate to get the awful smell out of my kitchen. I let Daniel nap for about an hour before I woke him up. We went and ran a couple errands, then after discovering I did not seal the spaghetti I put in the freezer properly, we had dinner at Ihop, then came home and he played on the playground before it was time for bath and bed. Sunday, Daniel watched part of a movie in the morning, then he (and I) ended up both falling asleep and by the time I woke up and realized what time it was I rushed to get ready, got Daniel ready for church, and we made it in time for Daniel to go to nursery and me to go the other two meetings. Oops! I'll have to be more careful from now on! What we made it to of church was good, then we went up and had a delicious Sunday dinner that my brother-in-law, Tony, made. Daniel and his cousins had fun playing outside on the playground! Oh, Monday, I made the mistake of answering my phone in the morning....it was work....so after making arrangements with the daycare for Daniel I went and worked an extra 5 hours...I just
LOVE (not really, even remotely) inventory season at work. After that I picked him up and we stopped by the 'Dinosaur Park' as he calls it by our church and Daniel was in heaven playing there for a couple hours! (And then I endured the I-Don't-Want-To-Ever-Leave-This-Park Battle) when it was time to go home. Daniel watched an elmo show while I got dinner in the oven which helped him forget his woes of having to leave the park. After I got dinner in the oven, we lost our power! Dinner has just not been my thing this week, but Daniel was more than happy to have a sandwich. He was very distressed, though, upon finding out that the light in the bathroom wouldn't turn on, however much he flipped the switch. Yes, it kept me amused watching this. He was not pleased to have a short bath, but when Mommy has to oversee it by the light of a flashlight, it's pretty quick! He did go to bed easily though and our power came on sometime during the night.
Tuesday was St Patrick's day! Daniel was thrilled with the cute outfit and treats and card from his Nana. After we were dressed for the day, we headed over and took advantage of Ihop's free 'short stack' of Pancakes if you were dressed in green. Daniel was
thrilled by this surprise, the boy would live on pancakes if I let him :) After that, we came home and Daniel and Jonathan had fun outside playing on the playground with each other, while Marie and I chatted. Both boys didn't want to separate to have lunch, but Daniel came with me and Jonathan went with his mom, but after lunch and nap, we met up again at the playground and they had a wonderful time! Daniel also enjoyed playing with bubbles as well, he gets really into blowing them and then trying to pop them! We also went and visited with Great Grandma Walker for a while, as Daniel has been begging to go for a while, and since it has been awhile since we've stopped by. I've gotta get better about that. Wednesday was daycare for Daniel and Inventory Day at work, which made for.....THE. SLOWEST. DAY. EVER. because we couldn't do
anything but essentially stand around and do checks for the inventory people where necessary, ugh! It made the day drag! Daniel, however, had fun at daycare an when we got home he requested to go outside and play with bubbles again so we did. A little after six, we went to my friend Katie's house for a delicious dinner, we brought a salad to share and she and I had a good visit while Daniel was quite entertained by her son and the train track and marble run in their bedroom. It was a good dinner and visit...it was also nice because her mom was there and I haven't seen her
forever so it was nice to talk to her as well. Friday Daniel went with my mom and sister and my niece to her History Fair Competition...and did okay there, much to my relief. And my niece placed First! After work, we came home and just enjoyed the playground with another boy in our neighborhood. As Daniel did not get a nap today...he went to bed early and I enjoyed the quiet for awhile :) It's been a good week.
Dressed for Church on Sunday
Playing at the 'Dinosaur Park'
He built this impressive tower
out of his legos!
My cute kiddo dressed in adorable
green for St. Patrick's Day!
Getting distracted by legos and his
toy ipad
And all our outside fun
with bubbles this week!
He liked to blow the bubbles into
the grass to see if he could
make them "stick" there :D
No comments:
Post a Comment