Wednesday night/early, early Thursday morning was long and hard, Daniel and consequently I had a pretty hard night :(. I think our neighbor's dogs barking scared him and woke him up.....I just wanted to peek in briefly and make sure he was okay, but when he heard the door open, I saw him turn toward it and ask plaintively "Daddy?" I replied softly that no, it was just Mommy and he started to cry harder.....I know I am probably not helping the situation by going into his room, but hearing him, I went to him and held him tight for awhile, until he calmed down and fell asleep. I needed to go in as much as Daniel needed me that night. Thursday, was a rough start going out the door (i.e. I didn't wake up to my alarm) so we rushed out the door, and I was late dropping Daniel off at daycare, and late to work (eh, oh well). After work and I went and picked up Daniel and he was just coming in with his class from the playground! He was sooo happy they got to go out and play at the playground. I had to lure him away from daycare with the promise he could come home and play on our playground at the condo, which we came home and did. Then Daniel played inside while I fixed dinner, then it was tub time, and we read a story, he LOVES his Goodnight Moon book, and we have read it so much that he reads parts of it along with me! Love my kiddo! After he was down, I worked on my talk for Sunday as I was asked to speak in Sacrament meeting :/ Not my favorite thing, fyi. Friday, Daniel was thrilled to be going to Grandma's house to be watched while I went to work, since my mom was home from her trip. I dropped him off, work went as okay as it can being just a month out from inventory (JOY), then when I went to pick him up he was still napping, so we ended up spending the rest of the afternoon and most of the evening hanging out. Daniel played with his cousins, while I visited with my parents and sister! What a wonderful afternoon! After we got home, I made dinner while Daniel played some more, then I discovered that we were out of milk and bananas (both of which we needed before the next day, unfortunately) so Daniel and I went to the grocery store...just to get the needed milk and bananas...and by the time we got back home it was well past bedtime because we came home with more than just milk and bananas :/. After I put Daniel to bed I spent more time working on my talk for Sunday. Saturday morning, after breakfast, Daniel gleefully pointed out to me that "it's snowing outsides!" And sure enough we got some snow in the morning, unfortunately for Daniel it wasn't enough to go out and play in, and melted rather quickly. We pretty much had a laid back Saturday at home, which was soooo nice! Daniel played and entertained himself and me, and I did a few things I needed to around our little place and read on my kindle. (I have decided we need more Stay At Home Saturdays) It was just so nice not to be running around on any errands or to not really have to do anything, but just enjoy my silly boy and his antics while he plays! We went for a walk around our neighborhood in the afternoon, and then Daniel enjoyed some time on the playground before dinner.
Pics from the Week
These from my phone are from Wednesday
at my parent's house.
Playing outside
Daniel "helping" Grandpa Call
fix their dishwasher
Enjoying being outside this week!
Playing "house"
| I so love his face in this one! |
Enjoying the slide
Playing on the big rock!
More playing on the
playground!
| Climbing the dome thingy! He's getting better at it everyday! |
This boat is still his favorite
toy on the playground!
| He struck this pose and instructed me "to take my pictures!" |
Flower blooming in our flowerbed!
Playing with the fun magnets on the fridge that
my wonderful mother found for him!
(Now hopefully he'll leave the others alone!)







No comments:
Post a Comment