Monday, February 9, 2015

An Evening At Instacare And A Rough Sunday

Monday was pretty crazy! It started off with dropping Daniel off with my sister's who watched him while I went to my dentist appt. that turned into a two hour deal (silly crown prep). He had fun with them, when I got back to my mom's house my sister was making him a banana milk thingy in the blender that she added strawberry jam too...and Daniel enjoyed it :/ to each his own tastes...I guess. After I visited with them a bit, Daniel and I headed to my friend's house, where I dropped Daniel off to play with Lily, and we went and ran some errands which was nice without kiddos in tow (it took a lot less time too). After we got back, Daniel and I headed home and he played (and threw up twice..from coughing I'm pretty sure) while I heated up leftovers for dinner. After Daniel was in bed..I spent the next 3 hours doing and filing my taxes...all by myself :) And I am proud of myself for plowing through it and getting them done. By the time I was done...it was just after 10pm. About one in the morning, Daniel woke himself up coughing, so I went into his room and rubbed his back for a little bit until his coughing let up a bit and he was able to go back to sleep. First thing Tuesday morning, it was off to the store to buy him cough medicine which helped and it eased up his hacking enough to let him take a good afternoon nap. However, I put a call into his pediatrician just to be safe. A little after 3, his pediatrician's nurse called, and said that Dr. Blackburn suggest he be looked at and to take him to Instacare. So I bundled him up and we were off. When we got back to be seen, it turns out the coughing wasn't so much a concern for the doctor, instead it turns out his left ear was very infected, so we went in for one thing..and came out with a different issue. Oh well, better safe than sorry. So we went and filled his prescription which took way longer that I had planned on, so by the time we got home, I scrapped the original plans for dinner, and we just reheated some leftovers again. What a day! Wednesday after work, I picked up Daniel who showed me some sponge art they had made that day and it was very nice. He wanted to go show it to Grandma Call, so we went over there and Daniel got to play with his cousins and Ivan the Cat for a while, while I visited with my parents and sister and watched my niece perform a run through of her History Fair Project! She is doing great with it! After that, we came home and Daniel had a fun little Quesadilla meal my mom had picked up for him and then he went and played in the bathtub for about a half hour before bed. Friday, Daniel was less than thrilled he wasn't going to Grandma's, instead he went to daycare an extra day, and didn't do real great. Miss E informed me he had been pretty sad all day, wanting me :(. He got really excited when we got home and he helped me check the mail and found a package for us in the mail from his Uncle Erik, Aunt Julie, and cousins!  He sat down right away and put the stickers he got on the provided paper, and was very excited to put it up on the fridge. It also improved him mood, a lot! We took advantage of the nice weather and played at the playground for awhile before  it was time for dinner and bed. Saturday morning, Daniel woke up a little bit before 7, after we got ready for the day.  I closed the gate at the top of the stairs, and Daniel had fun playing back and forth between his and my rooms while I did some thorough cleaning, vacuuming, getting rid of things, and scrubbing upstairs. In the afternoon after Daniel was down for his nap, my dad and brother came by to look at and fix my leaking kitchen sink! I am ever so grateful for their help, because I would never have been able to do it on my own! They were almost finished by the time Daniel woke up, so I played with him while they finished, then we bid my brother good-bye, and my dad stuck around and we went out and watched Daniel play on the playground. After awhile, my dad left, but Daniel and I enjoyed the sunshine and played on the playground until we lost the sunlight.
Sunday (the eighth), I woke up a couple times throughout the night, but that's been a fairly consistent thing for me for the past year or so. I had been handling the past couple weeks pretty well, so Daniel and I went to church. In retrospect..we probably should have just stayed home. But, anyway, We were late getting there so we sat in the back, which worked out best since Daniel started screeching 'Dang It!' every couple minutes..I did my best to distract him, but I was very happy when Sacrament meeting ended and I was able to drop Daniel off at nursery, where he decided to be happy and smiling. I was on my way to my class, when sweet Sister S, saw me, and asked me how I was doing. I opened my mouth to say 'Fine'...and I lost my grip on my emotions.....completely.  So she walked me outside and we chatted instead of going to class, and she just listened to me as I fell apart again, offered me some great advice and support, then after I was outwardly calm, we went in and I managed to get through Relief Society okay...but I was glad to come back home. Daniel was ornery at my parents, my wonderful sister managed to help him eat his dinner, though, and then we went and visited with my Grandpa Call for a few minutes before I was simply done, and we came home and I put Daniel to bed...and I followed him because I was just completely emotionally exhausted. What a week!


We had a pajama day Tuesday, since
Daniel wasn't feeling well.




Daniel really loves playing with his 
little dinosaur set! I love watching
him get so creative with them!



He likes to make his dinosaurs "fall" off the
volcano!

Making a picture with
the stickers that he got
from his Aunt and cousins!



Playing with
the airplane


My silly boy found a new
use for his plastic pants we
use for swimming


Playing  at the 
playground in the warm, 
spring-like weather we've 
been having, lately.







Video of my wonderfully silly boy playing
in the "train cars" at the playground.



No comments:

Post a Comment