Monday, I woke up congested and coughing, and just feeling pretty crappy. Daniel woke up happy, though! At least one of us was :/. He basically got a free reign of everywhere in the condo day, while I rested a bit. I should mention, Saturday, after my dad fixed our sink issues, after Daniel's bath, our tub drain decided to stop working. The joys! Monday afternoon, I had that looked at and got it replaced. I had wanted to go with a simpler drain, but discovered they had bottomed it out, or something like that, so instead we just have a new lever drain, but at least it works great, so that's my plus! I did at least get laundry done, and the kitchen cleaned after Daniel went to bed! Tuesday, after breakfast and Daniel's help cleaning up the toy bomb that exploded yesterday (that's what it looked like at least) Daniel and I headed up to the Layton area to run some errands. Our last stop was to the mall to Morgan Jeweler's where Eric and I bought our rings. I talked with the salespeople about a couple ideas, Daniel was very patient waiting while I did this. They were very helpful, and after I was done, Daniel discovered a little play area they have there, so he played there quite happily with some other kids for a couple hours, before I had to drag him back to the car (kicking and screaming the whole way) and we came home and had lunch, and both of us napped. Tuesday evening we had our missed on Monday FHE lesson. And then shortly after 8, Tuesday evening, my doorbell rang and I went out, to discover we had been "attacked" with hearts, messages, and a nice bag of treats for Daniel! (8 week family health challenge = A good time to be Daniel) It was so sweet, though, to whomever was kind enough to do it! Wednesday was just work/daycare, as was Thursday. Thursday when we got home, Daniel and I both got little fun Valentine bag's from Nana. Daniel sat down and I let him go through his (he saw the bag and was not going to wait until Saturday) and he was delighted with all the fun little things in it for him, and the fun card he got! I think he had the most fun playing with the card he got, since it TALKS to him! Thursday night, I fed Daniel and got him ready for bed, and one of the sweet young women in my ward came and played with him and put him to bed while I went to my first Humanitarian Meeting, (my new calling). I met some nice ladies, and had fun chatting while we cut out squares and arranged them to be sewn into quilts. I don't know if I mentioned this or not, but when I was first called, I had mentioned my concern of finding someone to watch Daniel and the bishopric informed me that they already had that covered, as the young women working toward their personal progress need volunteer/babysitting hours and such, so they passed a list around and so a few days before the two Thursdays we meet, I simply call one of them and they come watch him for me. I really enjoyed my first meeting and am greatly looking forward to serving in this calling! And I am beyond grateful for the sweet young women who are taking time our of their schedules to come watch my kiddo so I can go!
Friday, Daniel was very excited to go to daycare! He got to take Valentine's with him, and they had a fun Valentine's Day party in their class and he got to hand out all his Valentines to his classmates. He informed me excitedly when I came to pick him up that, "I got lots of candy!" :) After I picked him up, we went and visited with Great Grandma and Grandpa Walker, then went and ran a couple errands we needed, had dinner, then came home and Daniel and I played tractors until it was time for bath and bed.
Saturday morning was Valentine's day! I put Daniel in the cute shirt I found for him (on clearance last year) and got a few pictures, the first one is because he wanted to wear it over is pajamas at first. After we both got ready for the day, we had breakfast and then he discovered a little bag for him on the chair with a few fun little things I found for him for Valentine's day! He played with those for awhile in the morning. A little before noon, we went and did a few things, then I went over to my brother's house and we stole his kids for the rest of the day, as Daniel had been
dying to play with them ever since Wednesday, since we had to leave early Wednesday afternoon from my parents house. After we picked them up, we went to Little Ceasar's drive through for pizza, came back to our condo and had a 'pizza picnic' in our front room, then we all went outside and it was
endless fun playing!! Inside, upstairs, outside, and everywhere in between!! Daniel loves playing with them, and I loved having them over! Around 5ish, my brother came and while I fixed everyone dinner of hotdogs and salad, he hung my two shelves for me in my family room that I have been meaning to get hung, just never gotten around to, Thanks Mike!! I love them, they were the last finishing touch in my little place, and they look absolutely great! After my brother and his kids left, Daniel went up and had his bath and played in the tub then went to bed...and crashed HARD! No nap and super fun times with his cousins will do that to you :). It was a great way to celebrate Valentine's day!
My door and window after they
had been 'attacked'
Tuesday night.
Discovering what's in his
Valentine's bag from his Nana!
When I went to pick up Daniel from
daycare Wednesday, he was twirling around
in this fun princess dress. When he saw
me, he stopped, struck this pose,
and told me, "Mommy, Look! I Pretty!" :)
Showing me his Valentine's bag
he made at daycare for their party
on Friday....and "helping" me fix
the already fixed bathtub
Styling his cute Valentine's shirt over his pajamas,
and in his complete outfit.
I have the most adorable kiddo EVER!
Discovering what's in his Valentine's gift bag
from Mommy.
'Pizza Picnic' with his cousins
All their fun playing!!
Inside Play
No comments:
Post a Comment