Last Monday was a normal day. We came over to my mom's and did laundry, and then we went and ran some errands. Tuesday I did some cleaning and some more organizing at the condo while Daniel played quite happily in his room, we went and did our grocery shopping, then we came home and had lunch and nap. After Daniel's nap, he played outside at our new playground for quite awhile, before we ran over and checked out Lowe's and Home Depot to look at washer's and dryers. I found a set I liked at Home Depot, and it wasn't too badly priced, so I bought them and arranged to have them delivered and installed this coming Friday, I can't wait!!! Wednesday was a work/daycare day and then we came home, I fixed dinner while Daniel pretended to at his little play kitchen (I found a little set of food for it at work and brought it home for him), he loves his little kitchen! The cardboard food boxes that came with the plastic fruit, Daniel dismantled and threw away before I realized what he was doing (oh well). But, he loves playing with it and pretending to cook! Thursday, I dropped Daniel off at my mom's and he had lots of fun going and watching my sister's run, and after I survived the craziness that is Thanksgiving at work (helping set up for sales that night) I ran for the door at 4 and I am thankful I was off
before the madness ensued. I went and joined Daniel at my mom's with my family and a lady that my parent's work with in their inner city mission and we had a very nice Thanksgiving dinner and visiting. It was wonderful, I did struggle a bit toward the end (holiday's have been rough this year, missing Eric), but we had fun, and then shortly after pie, I brought Daniel home because he was getting tired...and quite frankly I had reached my limit. Friday, Daniel again went to my mom's while I went to work, then it was just coming home and having dinner. Shortly after dinner, Daniel started saying he didn't feel good, and willingly went to bed early. About 10 I heard him coughing and wheezing, so I went into his room and spent the night in his room, listening to him cough and struggle to breathe. It was a long, hard night. Saturday morning, he still wasn't sounding good, so we went over to Instacare and got there right as it opened, we went to the check in desk and Daniel was sounding a lot worse, and I barely gave them Daniel's name, before the nurse came out and had us back. He was easily diagnosed with a bad case of croup, and he was given a dose of steroid and we left with instructions for me on what to listen for (they wanted him back if his breathing got worse) and we left with a prescription for more of the steroid that we filled at the pharmacy that is at the Instacare (while I was trying to pay, Daniel got to a bottle of laxative, got the child proof lid off and got one into his mouth), so we ended up leaving with a bottle of laxative as well ;) Then we stopped at my Mom's and borrowed my sister's humidifier, and we went home and set it up in his room, and he pretty much laid there and played a little bit. My mom and sister stopped by that afternoon and dropped off popsicles for him, so I gave him one of those and we played some more. He was still sounding awful that night, so I gave him the second dose of steroid in yogurt a couple hours before he went to bed. Sunday, we played it safe and stayed home from church, and I let Daniel rest as much as he needed. He still has a little cough this morning, and still sounds hoarse but is a lot more active which makes me happy! I am hoping we are almost through this! And that was our week.
Here are some pics I took this week, mostly yesterday playing in his room.
I love how he sleeps, sometimes!
I found him in the closet when I went to check on him
Playing with his wagon and blocks
Bringing his chairs back in to his room to sit at the table
He loves climbing and playing on his big boy bed!
He decided to see if he could reach the top of his cube organizer.
Mission accomplished.
Enjoying his popsicle.
No comments:
Post a Comment