Monday, November 24, 2014

Moving Week!!

So last Monday I had been hoping to get the keys to our new condo (no such luck). However, Daniel had lots of fun that afternoon building block towers with his cousin's and we had a fun FHE night. Tuesday, after cleaning my sister's place, my keys had arrived!!! My sweet, wonderful visiting teacher watched Daniel for me for four hours while I borrowed my Grandpa Call's truck and me, my mom, and Melinda made a couple runs to get my storage unit packed up and cleaned out and moved over to the condo. Daniel LOVES the little playhouse that Melinda and Spencer gave him that we set up on the patio. After we got everything in (tons of boxes EVERYWHERE) Melinda and I went and got lunch, then I went and picked up Daniel who had lots of fun playing with my visiting teacher's daughter! That evening, my Dad kept an ear out for Daniel, while my mom and I went back to the condo and got my kitchen unpacked, mostly set up, and organized! Wednesday and Thursday were just work/daycare days and in the evenings I was taking things slowly over to the condo. Friday Daniel had lots of fun outside with my mom, and when I got home we went again over to the condo (this time with Daniel) and we got my little outside storage shed set up and organized!! Daniel loved playing in the little house and on the awesome playground in the backyard. Saturday was the major part of the move. After Daniel was up, I packed him and his stuff into the car, and we headed up to Clearfield (in the rain). I dropped Daniel off with his Nana who watched him and his cousins while me, Dan, Tony, and Anni went over to their storage units where they graciously let me "shop" and I got a lot of wonderful and much needed new-to-me things for our new place! After one trip down, Anni stayed with me at the condo to start getting stuff put away, while the guys went and picked up my box springs and mattress (I got a cool bed frame from Tony and Anni), then we met back up at the storage units for another load. After that we made a stop by Nana's house to get some things, then it was back to the condo to unload some more. After that, my father in law went back to the house to help with grandkids, while Tony, Anni, and I went and got some organizational stuff at Walmart and some bare minimum groceries to get me through the weekend, then we made a stop at my parent's house for my clothes. We took all that back to the condo, then hit up Lowe's in Layton on our way back to Nana's house. We then all went and had a yummy dinner at Cracker Barrel, then Daniel and I went home (our first night in our new place!) Daniel absolutely loves his new big-boy bed and I only had to chase him back to bed once when he got up and turned on the light, but then went back to bed!  He has slept really well both nights so far in the condo, which makes me so happy!! I couldn't sleep that night, try as I might, so I ended up putting some stuff away around the place.  Sunday, Tony, Anni and their kiddos came back down and our kiddos played while the three of us (okay, mostly Tony) put together the organizational things and Anni and I went through and sorted most of the boxes through and got things put away! That night it actually feels like a home!!  There are still a lot of little things I need to do, but it is mostly put together, and I doubt things would have gone as smoothly without the wonderful, supportive, and amazing family that I have been blessed with!  I am so happy to be with Daniel in our new place, it will be good for us! Whew! And that was our moving week, enjoy some pics!!

Daniel playing with his cousins on Monday










 Playing in his cube and being silly!







Styling his new hat that he got from Grandma and Grandpa



Daniel "helping" Uncle Tony put together some storage in our condo






And....pics of our new place. It is mostly put together.


Master bedroom

Upstairs bathroom

Family room



Laundry/half bath

Our kitchen/dining area



Daniel's room

I love this built in organizer in his closet!











No comments:

Post a Comment