Monday, September 7, 2015

Labor Day Camp in Idaho

At Eric's Aunt Susan's kind invitation, Daniel and I spent a wonderful Labor Day weekend with her and her boys at her property up by Lava Hot Springs in Idaho. We set out Saturday morning, after Daniel and I accompanied her to Theo's soccer game (his team won!).  She kindly treated us to lunch at Maddox on the way up and we got up to camp and her RV later that evening. Daniel happily went with Jake and Theo and they helped him find a good stick, then Jake, Theo, Daniel and I went down into the little town and wandered in and out of different shops just looking until we went back and went to bed! Sunday morning, we had a delicious breakfast and then we all went to the pools! We were there all day!  Susan brought arm floaties for Daniel and he loved being able to just float around. While he floated around with me and played with Jake and Theo, Susan and I visited, and there was a handy cot nearby where we put our stuff that Daniel napped on for nearly 3 hours! While Daniel napped, Susan kept an eye on him for me and I went and spent some time relaxing in their hottest pools! It was wonderful!  After he was up, we went swimming some more until about 5, when he declared he was "done swimming". So Daniel and I went and changed and then we wandered, and he charmed everyone we met.  About then a little band had set up, so Daniel and I sat and listened, and Susan joined us. Cousin Jake picked us up dinner and brought it back for all of us, so we ate that, then Daniel went and visited some more with various people-he charmed them all! I love my kiddo! One sweet couple was very entertained by him, he also enjoyed visiting them....the fact that they kept him well supplied with treats I'm sure had something to do with it ;)  After that, Daniel and I wandered to a little ice cream shop and we had yummy ice cream, then about 8 we headed back up to camp and Daniel went and face planted his bunk and was out like a light!  What a fun day! Monday morning was just a lazy at camp day. We visited with another cousin Tom, and his friends who were up there this weekend as well. Around 3 we packed it up, and while Susan and Theo drove their motorhome down, Jake, Daniel and I followed in Susan's truck. Unfortunately, the motorhome had a tire blow (scary!)..so we followed Susan off in a little town called Arimo in Idaho, where we ended up parking the motorhome, everyone piled into Susan's truck and thankfully we made it safely the rest of the way home about 5 this evening. Jake and Theo came to my place and helped me move some furniture back upstairs as I had my carpets cleaned just before we left for the weekend, and then we ate dinner, Daniel went to bed...and I am working on laundry and some other chores before I also call it a night.

Getting ready to take his nap



Chilling in the water!



Such a pretty pink in the sky!



 He loved reading this curious George book
with Susan



 Me and my little camping Kiddo!


No comments:

Post a Comment