Monday, September 15, 2014

Daniel Finally Gets To Ride The Train!

Last Tuesday, the 9th I got woken up about 7ish by a phone call. Turned out it was one of  my co-managers wanting to know if I could work part of the day as tow other people that work my shift called out. (The managers are getting smart and sneaky, he called me from his personal cell, not the store phone because people usually don't answer if it is the store phone, and honestly, I probably wouldn't have, either). Anyway, I called the daycare to see if they would be able to take Daniel for the day-which they were-so I got he ready really fast (I had to wake him up, he wasn't very happy), got him dropped off and settled at daycare, and went to work. I only ended up working about 4 hours and since at that point the daycare charges the full day- I went and cleaned my sisters house which took me about twenty minutes less without my adorable, into-everything-he-can-possibly-find kiddo underfoot!  I then came home and was trying to get some stuff done here that I am behind on and got most everything I wanted to done, before I got a phone call from the daycare informing me that Daniel was complaining that his head hurt, he had a fever, and didn't want to take his jacket off-so I ended up picking him up about 230. When I brought him home, I gave him some medicine, and he just curled up on the couch and laid there until it was dinner time, which he didn't hardly touch, and then went willingly to bed. Poor guy! Wednesday he was feeling better, so it was a normal daycare day for him and work for me. After work I finally heard back from the insurance company of the gal who "bumped" into my car. They told me they were accepting liability and that they would be covering the cost to fix my car (the door is pretty dented and the bumper is part of the way off) and they will also be covering the cost of  a rental car for me in the interim since I can't really live without my car for 5 or so days. They gave me the name of the repair shop closest to me in Bountiful, and said that they would be contacting me to set up an initial appointment (to take pictures, etc) then after that is submitted to them, they would call me again to set up a time for me to drop off my car to get fixed. I have to admit, dealing with this "accident" has been A LOT easier than the last one that totaled my car :)  Thursday was a normal work/daycare day. Friday after work, I ran over to the repair shop where they did their thing, then when I got home Daniel and I went for our normal Friday walk around the neighborhood. After we got back, he played outside with Uncle Eric and Grandpa for a while, then when they came back in, Grandpa found him an episode of Magic School Bus, and to my surprise,  he sat contentedly on the couch and watched it almost all the way through!! After that we had dinner, it was time for Daniel to go to bed, and my mom made us delicious fresh peach shakes, and me and my parents watched most of the REAL Salt Lake game.

So, since we didn't ride the train Monday, you must know that Daniel has been asking to ride the train daily since then. So Saturday after Daniel and I got ready for the day, we ran a couple errands, (one was to the DI to get me pants for work since they are changing the dress code, fun times, NOT!) and after that we drove down to the Woods Cross Front Runner station and Daniel was so VERY EXCITED to finally get to ride the train!! We rode it up to the North Temple Station, then we caught Trax and rode it up to the stop by Temple Square. We got off there, and wandered through the beautiful grounds, then we went over to the City Creek Center and found a nice, shaded table outside the food court to eat our packed in lunch at. Then we went inside the food court and Daniel spotted there City Creek Play Park-where he played hard and had fun for over an hour!! Then as we were heading back toward Temple Square, we found the little splash fountain they have there and Daniel played there for a little bit. Then as we were wandering back through Temple Square, we bumped into two very nice sister missionaries and a family visiting from China.  The family visiting were fascinated by Daniel and "how cute a bebe he is!"  Daniel was loving the attention!! Anyways, they asked if they could take a picture with Daniel-I agreed-and they were thrilled! After that we caught trax back to the station and rode the train home. What a fun morning!!

After all that mornings excitement, Daniel napped for a few hours, and then we headed out to our Stake Luau, which was lots of fun! We sat with my brother's family and enjoyed the food and visiting, then Daniel enjoyed wandering around with my brother, and watching the singers and dancers. He really enjoyed the fire dancer at the end and so did I. It was a busy, but GREAT day all around. Sunday church was.....ok. I ended up having to take Daniel out a couple times during Sacrament Meeting, once for being extremely loud, and once for hitting his Aunt. We had a talk about that and when we went back in for the last little bit of the meeting, he apologized to his Aunt, went my with brother to nursery and did fine....which was a relief for me! After church Daniel just played outside until we had dinner.

Not feeling good :(

Proud of his coloring!!

Hanging it on the fridge!

Watching Magic School Bus



The much anticipated train ride!!


Waiting for it to come!



It's coming!!



Riding the Train! Daniel was looking around at everything, curious and fascinated!!


"Oooooh!"  :)

Eating his lunch, then playing at the Play Park.











Sanitizing his hands as we were leaving :)


The fun fountain




Playing outside Sunday!

He pulls the weirdest faces sometimes!









Doing his stretches :)

Chillin' on the window well cover.









No comments:

Post a Comment