Sunday, October 2, 2011

Let the Adventure Begin

Well, we are two months into the Adventure! To bring you up to speed, we have moved in to our apartment, and turned it from a mountain of boxes into a home....after many hours of de-boxing two peoples lives in to one house and a giant pile of books, a book shelf is definitely in the near future. Jen was just happy to get the server out of the living room and all the wires arranged. I am still working with Cisco Networking, but am looking for a better Network Engineering position and so have been working on Certifications, and  I have started working on Server Security Development Administration (SSDA) (sorry for geek speak, but I can't deny my inner and outer geekyness...perhaps my next post will be Holbrook Lingo 101). So I have been able to get server and software to start development, and Jen just rolls her eyes...nothing new, and never going to get old.
Recently we found out Jen is pregnant with Zygote (an honorary title at this time), on Tuesday we have our first appointment where we should be able to see Zygote blob with heartbeat...and never been more excited. Jen is hopefully moving from afternoon to days at Walmart, which means we will see each other for more than 15 min. and during her lunch when we are actually conscious. Also we found a sweet deal on a All-in-One HP printer, wireless baby, I'm just a little excited but, it means we officially have an office. 
Overall we are surviving....mostly, as Jen is discovering the joys of morning (afternoon, and night) sickness, and a steady supply of ginger ale is a must now in our house. But she says it will all be worth it and she is the best trooper wife..and really wife ever, not that I am biased or anything, ;D. Well that is all I got for now, until Holbrook Lingo 101, peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment