Monday, June 16, 2014

June: The First Half

Going back and picking up where I left off, Monday, June 2nd was a normal day, for Daniel's family home evening he and I read some bible stories in his little kids "Bible Book" that he has-he enjoyed pointing out all the fun animals! Tuesday was also a normal day, though around 1130 we met up with my friend at her house and we took Daniel and her youngest to the park and let them play for a couple hours together. Tuesday I also went and researched and ended up purchasing a new  little point and shoot camera that works well for what I use it for (here's hoping it will last another 5 years like my other little one). Wednesday and Thursday was daycare for Daniel and work for me, Thursday at work I bumped into Melinda and we had a fun little visit before I had to go back and finish working. Friday Daniel had lots of fun playing with my mom and Ivan in the yard and when I got home from work I got him and me ready and we went and played at the indoor and little outdoor pool/splash pad at the rec center. Daniel had fun playing on the indoor "pool playground" and outside for an hour!  So much fun! Saturday my dad kindly watched Daniel while I went with my mom and sister and we did our weekly shopping. It went a lot easier for me! Thanks, Dad! Then Daniel and I went for a walk and stopped my by nieces lemonade stand and had some lemonade and then we went and visited with Great Grandma and Grandpa Walker and were there visiting for a couple hours until it was time to come home and get ready and go to my cousin's wedding reception. I visited with my parents and some of my Aunts for a little bit. It was fun, but we didn't stay long because Daniel was tired (he did enjoy the ice cream brownie). Saturday while grocery shopping I got a call from our Ward Executive Secretary asking me to meet with a member of the bishopric on Sunday and on Sunday I was extended the call to serve as a Visiting Teaching Supervisor, which I accepted. I am feeling a little overwhelmed with it, but know that this is where the Lord would have me serve. So a quick funny story via my brother...Daniel was in nursery and wanted to "go find mommy" and was being loud and my brother asked him if he would be okay staying with Uncle Mike in nursery, well, Daniel thought about it and said, "Okay". And then was fine staying!!

                                          These are a few of the photos from the week.

Just playing!



One of my favorite pictures from the week



Climbing...he's gotten way too good at it!





Hanging with Uncle Brad!!!


Monday, June 09 Daniel and I went out for a walk again with Melinda and her kids and had a wonderful visit. It was especially nice for me, since I spent most of Monday morning on the phone taking care of some issues that have left me pretty angry(but sadly, not all the surprised) dealing with them every couple of days as they pop up, but also have left me extremely grateful for the blessing (that didn't seem so at the time) that Eric didn't have a life insurance policy...... I have put many tears, anger, and many, many prayers into these particular issues and have ultimately ended up putting my complete Trust in my Father in Heaven that these things will work as He would have. And I find daily comfort in watching my adorable son grow and learn so much every day! He is the brightest and best blessing that has come into my life and I am incredibly thankful that I was blessed to be his Mother!  
Tuesday my friend agreed again to watch Daniel for me while I went back to the dentist to finish up the work I needed, then I went and ran a couple errands really quick and made a brief stop at the bank (Tuesday turned out to be an expensive day, between my crown and paying off my car) then I went and picked up lunch for her, me, her kids, and Daniel at McDonald's which I took back to her house and we let the kids eat, and I put Daniel down for his nap there and he slept for 3 hours while we had a nice long visit! Thursday Daniel was out back playing in the yard with me, my mom, and Ivan when the wind started blowing and then the microburst hit with wind and rain so we ran for cover, (except Ivan who ran into a neighbor's backyard, but eventually found his way back to the garage).  Then my parents, brother, Daniel, and I enjoyed a nice visit on the front porch, while watching the rain come pouring down!

Lots of playing in the backyard!







Friday was a pretty stressful day at work, but I survived, and after work Daniel and my parents and I went for a nice walk and stopped at the DI and my mom found some things she was looking for. Friday also left me pondering and kicking some ideas around in my head, but for now they are just thoughts.  Saturday Daniel and I went to go and play at the Bountiful Park (I forgot it was the Coats for Kids Car show, though, so it was really busy and crowded and Daniel didn't want to stay and play) so instead we opted to come back home and Daniel enjoyed playing in the backyard and it was a fight to get him to come in and eat lunch and go down for a nap, he was having so much fun. But I eventually got him in and settled down for his nap. 
Sunday Daniel stayed in nursery, without complaint, the whole time!!!  Yay!  I was so happy and proud of him when my brother reported that to me at the end of church.
Also, sometime during nursery he was the recipient of these scratch marks:

My brother said they weren't there and then he looked at him about fifteen minutes later and they were. Daniel never made a fuss, so we aren't sure if he scratched himself or got clawed by someone else. And that was our first half of June!


No comments:

Post a Comment