Well it's been a busy couple weeks! Last Saturday we went with Eric's family to Olive Garden to celebrate his birthday which was fun. We had a good time visiting but came home right after eating because both Eric and Daniel hadn't been feeling very good. Luckily, now I think both are over the worst of it! Sunday (which was Eric's birthday), I went to church while Eric and Daniel stayed behind, and since it was snowing really badly our monthly birthday dinners that we have with my mom's side of the family got cancelled, so Daniel and I made the trek through the snow to my mother's home, which in retrospect I should have just stayed home. Luckily going home after dinner, I was able to get behind a snowplow most of the way home, which helped ; ).
That night my brother in law, Tony called and asked us if we wanted tickets (they had extra from when they missed a show a while back), to go see Kicking the Hobbit:Bored of the Rings at Desert Star Playhouse for Wednesday night. We were thrilled and very grateful to both them (for thinking of us and giving us tickets), and to Eric's cousin, Mary who came down and watched Daniel (who was in bed since it was a 7pm showing) for us. Anyway, it was a nice little date night and very much needed. Tuesday was pack meeting which I went to as Daniel and Eric both still weren't feeling great, so I was the lone representative from our family (Eric is the cubmaster), but it went well despite me not being told that Eric was supposed to bring paper, that he failed to mention to me, but we survived....and I got to give him a hard time about it when I got home.
Friday was okay. That night I went exercising with Jenn (my oldest friend) which has been so nice and fun. We have been going three times a week and I have decided it really helps having a workout buddy to help stay motivated and keep going. She was going to run a bunch of errands Saturday and since Eric was home (still not feeling great) I went along with her in the morning while she shopped and we chatted/vented/hung out. It was a fun morning! That afternoon we met up with Eric's family again in Centerville at Iggy's to celebrate his mom's birthday. It was fun.
Sunday, Daniel woke up about 730 in the morning (an hour earlier than he usually wakes up), so Eric gave him a sippy cup and he went back to sleep and was just playing quietly in his crib. He was still awake about 1015ish, (we have the 11oclock church), so we decided to take him with us to church and to see how well he would do. I was a little nervous because he is usually sleeping at 11. But Eric took him to Priesthood with him and reported that he did very well (and enjoyed contributing his two cents to the lesson), which I'm sure the teacher loved..... but he did fine playing on the floor in front of us in gospel doctrine, until about fifteen minutes before it got out, because he and the little boy that was sitting next to us decided to start talking to each other which was so cute, but disruptive since they kept getting progressively louder, so Eric took Daniel out while I stayed and finished class. Sacrament we almost made it through, but Daniel was getting really tired, and rubbing his eyes so we left about 20 minutes early and came home and put Daniel down for a short nap.
After Daniel's nap we headed up to Clearfield and had a wonderful dinner with Eric's family and then celebrated January/February birthdays with cake and ice cream. Yesterday, while at my parents house doing some things, Daniel was trying really hard to get his stomach up off the floor, I don't think it's going to be too long before he is crawling, he is already really good at scooting himself around on his back and his front. (Sometimes I wish he would stay little forever), He got really confused when my Uncle Scott (my dad's brother) dropped by, because he looks like Grandpa, but he definently wasn't Grandpa! Which Daniel figured out and wasn't too happy about. I was able to have a good visit with him while getting things done I needed to there, and then we came home and I put Daniel down for a late nap since he didn't want to nap at Grandma's house...to many things to see and people to talk to I guess. Anyway, that's what we've been doing the last little bit. Here are a few pictures, I am horrible at taking them, but slowly improving, but I wouldn't hold your breath too much....
He has now decided it is okay to play with his little Rattle N Go car he got for Christmas.
 |
| Go car, Go! |
 |
| It came back : )! |
 |
Shaking the ball and looking around for something to move, because
everything that he shakes that makes noise, something needs to start moving! |
 |
| Playing with the remote! |
 |
| Just woke up! |
 |
| Found his book! |
 |
| Not sure he wants to be up, yet! |
No comments:
Post a Comment