Friday, June 29, 2012

Turn About is Fair Play, The Many Faces of Baby Daniel, Who Needs Sleep? and Cars

Since Jen posted a picture of me sleeping with the baby, I felt that turn about is fair play, so here are some gems from my covert spy like iPhone camera skills! Also some good shots of his expressions of how he feels about hanging out with dad...maybe the dictionary really is not the best bed time story? 
It is hard to believe our Little Monkey is already 5 weeks old, and growing like a weed. We were looking at some of his baby pics compared to recent ones and were shocked at the change our little guy pulled right underneath our eyes.
In sanity news (or lack of sanity as the case may be), he has finally pulled almost two consecutive weeks of sleeping at least 5 HOURS A NIGHT! Sometimes as long as 8, although the first time he did this I was awoken to Jen standing in the door asking if he was alright for sleeping that long. My response was "Is he still breathing?", to which the answer was "Yes", so Daddy took a page from Daniel's playbook and fell back to sleep.
We are also now the proud owners of a baby bath tub for the sink(Thanks to Aunt Jess, and Uncle Tony!), which has calmed the nerves of giving him a bath, as he has almost wiggled his head directly into the side of the sink a couple times. 
Overall we just count our blessings that he and Mom are healthy and doing good. 
On a crazy note, we were saved by freeway construction last night as we were coming home from Tony and Jess's, because I could feel the car vibrating and the tires wouldn't stay straight and acted like there was a flat, so I pulled over underneath a street light, and did a quick inspection, and found nothing. The thumping started to get worse, but I thought maybe it was just an air pressure issue and would take it in to get looked at. The frustration started when at 2100 S. they closed all but the far two left lanes, leaving us racing at the whopping speed of 25-30, Go Speed Racer! It was flustering me, because it was late and baby was hungry and mom and dad were tired, well it lasted till about 2600 S. in Bountiful so I got off and proceeded home. When I got out of the car I looked at the front driver side tire....only....this time it was positioned just right so I could see a big crack in the tire, and a bulge. Needless to say the first thing I did this morning was hobble my way over to Burt  Brothers Tire in Bountiful (Who I would like to make a huge shout out to, they not only showed me the problem, they had no pressure sales when I chose the not so expensive tire, and gave me a screaming deal, if you ever need tires, definitely hit them up and tell them A Guy Named Eric, sent ya) and they looked at it and said had I been going the speed limit on the freeway we probably would have blown out on the way home on the freeway....so it goes to show, God may put a minor inconvenience in your way to protect you from a major disaster as he sees the whole picture and we are blessed and grateful for his protection. 
Today we also visited Grandma Call and Great Grandma Walker, which they were both excited to see the little guy, and Grandma Call had picked out the most handsome looking Blessing outfit for July 15, and got some larger bottle nipples, solving the hour and half for a bottle eating time, now it is working out more timing. The joys of a new Little Monkey and life in general, with all the insanity, but we love every minute of it!









No comments:

Post a Comment