Sunday, July 24, 2016

Weekend of the 24th....And Et Cetera

Between school, daycare, cousins here, and other things it feels like we've been going pretty much non-stop!  Our days our full of busyness, homework, daycare, (and some fun too!) Monday the 18th, I had my grocery swap in the morning, then in the afternoon Daniel and I went to our Neighborhood Summer Party. There was a rented water slide and some kiddie pools along with drinks and snacks. Daniel refused to go down the big slide at first, but enjoyed the small slide in another pool. Just before we left, one of our wonderful home teacher's was able to coax Daniel to go down the big slide, which in the end he declared, "was pretty cool!"

Having fun in the little pool and slide.


Tuesday, I got Daniel out of daycare early, and he was sooooo excited to go to the "actuary"...the Tracy Aviary to celebrate Miss N's 4th birthday. We started with the bird show which was fun! Then we took a break and had yummy cake (and in Daniel's case lunch), then we wandered and looked at all the fun birds, the kiddos fed the ducks, and had a great time!

The bird show!




Eating cake!

Cute kids!


Feeding the ducks.




Maybe someday he'll grow into those wings ;)


Daniel really liked the flamingos!




Wednesday I did some baking as I recall, but I think that was about it. Thursday after daycare we stopped by Grandma's house to play with our cousins. Friday after I finished school, me and two of my sister's went and saw Star Trek: Beyond Borders for our birthday's.  I really liked it!

Playing w/cousins on Thursday.



 Friday we had the parade in the evening in Bountiful..and that was about it. Saturday was a marathon day for us! My mom's ward in Salt Lake (she's a missionary) had a flier for an Encampment Walk from Donner Park in Salt Lake which is up above This is the Place park and the walk took us down to 1st Encampment Park...it was a good 4.5 mile walk!  Daniel whined started struggling a bit into the walk, luckily my brother was kind enough to let Daniel walk with him and keep him pretty distracted, thanks Mike!  After we got to First Encampment, the kiddos and all of us had breakfast, then the kids played while my Dad (who drove the van down) drove us back up to retrieve our cars, then I got Daniel and we went home and he rested on the couch for a couple hours. Then we went back to my Mom's and we all went over to Handcart Days at the Bountiful Park. My mom got tickets for us all, (thanks so much Mom!) we started with lunch, then the kiddos got to ride some of the fun rides..Daniel enjoyed the inflatable caterpillar and the swings!  He also enjoyed the fish pond and  was very happy he received his requested blow up hammer. He and my niece that got one had fun with them! After we came back to my Mom's house and the kiddos played, then my brother Eric went and picked up some "day" fireworks and the kids had fun watching them. Then about 6 Daniel and I went and picked up his dinner, came home, and called it a night!

At the Parade...how I LOVE this kiddo!!!


The "Walk"



At the Park!





Playing "get my sister in law's phone back" from my brother!



Unfortunately, he's too tall for us :)


Daniel loved the slides..and the swings!




Firework's at my mom's house!











No comments:

Post a Comment