Saturday (March 7th), Daniel and I went and did our needed grocery shopping, then we came home and he played on the playground for a couple hours before it was time for lunch. While Daniel napped, I cleaned then after he woke up, we got his cousin's present wrapped and headed up to Nana and Papa's for Devin's birthday celebration. It was lots of fun, even if Daniel informed Devin what was in his present before he opened it :) Daniel and I stayed for dinner and then I enjoyed visiting, while poor Daniel waited very patiently for us to go which eventually we did. Sunday, daylight savings time threw Daniel off...and it did really for the whole week until he adjusted. We just took it easy in the morning, then went to my cousins mission homecoming, which was fun. After that we came home and a little later went to my parent's house, and Daniel was less than thrilled to still see snow in my parents backyard as he wanted to go out and play (half of their backyard does not get sun so it was icy snow!), Luckily my dad saved the day by taking Daniel around through the fence at the front of the house and played with him on the swing set for awhile before they came back in. We had a nice dinner with my family before we headed home. Daniel was really wound up and didn't nap really good, so I put him in his bed, and then listened as he played and entertained himself for about another hour before he FINALLY fell asleep in his tent, which he has taken a liking to sleeping in again, complaints of a hurting back and all ;) Monday just before 1030 I dropped Daniel off at my sister's house while I went to my dentist appointment...which went okay, all things considered. I have some cavities to be filled, but other than that things went okay. After my appointment we came home, Daniel had lunch and went down for his nap. A little after 2, as we were finishing up running some errands.. a gal from my ward, Jessica, invited Daniel and I to go to a nearby park to play with her and her kids. So after we finished up our errands, we ran home real quick so I could grab my water bottle and the backpack and we were off to the park to play! It was lots of fun. After we came home we went for a walk and bumped into Marie and Johnathan and Daniel and Jonathan played and ran around their yard while Marie and I visited. A little while later Jonathan's dad came home, and Marie invited us to stay for dinner and family home evening with them, which we did. And which was soo nice! We decided to alternate weeks and have family home evenings together, which I think will be really good, as Daniel and I have both missed doing it with my brother's family while we lived with my mom, so I am excited to have someone to share it with, and Daniel was thrilled to get to play longer with Jonathan. Tuesday morning after a late breakfast because Daniel slept late, we packed up and went and spent the morning at Melinda's so Daniel could play with Naomi and Dean. We as always had a fun time, we had lunch there as well before we came home and Daniel took his nap. After Daniel's nap we went outside and he played happily on and around our playground (he loves rocks) until it was time to come in and I got him settled watching one of his Elmo shows, to keep him out of the way while I got dinner ready.
Wednesday was fine at work, but Daniel didn't have such a great day. A little boy threw bark at him on the playground and he ended up with a mouthful of it, and then while we were over at my parents house, he was in the backyard playing with his cousin when he got "bitten" by one of my mom's rose bushes, because he tried to pull a branch off. He was the recipient of two long scratches across his palm and few smaller scratches on his little fingers. He came in and sat on my lap until we came home and had dinner. He has his bath and I put some neosporin my mom gave me on his hand to help it. Thursday evening we went to my niece's 'Patriotic Program' at her school and she did great!! Daniel even sat contentedly on my brother's lap through the whole thing! Yesterday, Daniel went to my mom's and had a bit of a mishap with the swing. He let go as my sister was pushing him and he fell and got a bit of a grass burn on the side of his face, but he survived. After we visited for a bit we came home and Daniel asked to go to the playground and so we went and played at the playground for a couple of hours, while we were there, my friend Marie and her husband and Jonathan came by...her husband was testing a drone for his work so Daniel and I stuck around and Marie and I chatted while the little boys watched the drone flying. Daniel was entranced, but it was really cool to watch I have to say! Finally, as the sun was going down, Daniel decided he was getting tired so we came in, had a quick dinner and bath and he went to bed.
His poor hand after tangling
with the rosebush.
The flying drone!
Daniel's enjoying watching it
No comments:
Post a Comment