I have learned that I probably should break my habit of "talking" more like "yelling" at traffic when in the car with Daniel. The other day we were needing to get somewhere before I had to go to work and I was impatient and grouching at traffic when Daniel pipes up from his carseat, "move, go, go, move" exactly what I was yelling. Now, though, whenever he gets in his car seat he starts yelling "move, go, move, go!" :/ It's kinda funny, and a lesson learned.
Daniel and Ivan are funny and jealous of each other. Ivan was on my Mom's lap the other day as I was leaving for work and Daniel had to go be on Grandma's lap too since Ivan was on there.
Daniel and Ivan are funny and jealous of each other. Ivan was on my Mom's lap the other day as I was leaving for work and Daniel had to go be on Grandma's lap too since Ivan was on there.
Daniel has a new "chair". He has a soft chair that Eric and I got him, but the other day I asked him to go sit in his chair and this is where he went. To the handle on the lower oven of the stove. Apparently, that is his new chair.
He loves to talk and jabber and look at his books. He will sit with me and look through a book before nap time for about twenty minutes and then gets another book read to him at bedtime. He loves to play bang the piano in the living room. That's what I found him doing this morning having a joyous time, he loves to make himself laugh!
If is sit down on the floor, he will come over to me and climb up me and push me over. We did this over and over again the first time he discovered it. He laughs so hard each time and ends by climbing off me and saying, "Momma up!" So the process starts all over.
He was being really grumpy and throwing tantrums awhile back and I finally asked him if he was ready for a nap. He stopped, looked at me, said, "Nap, ok" and laid down where he was on the kitchen floor. Melted my heart.
I let him stay like that for a few minutes, before I took him upstairs for his actual nap.
On Saturday I got to go into the Conference Center for Women's conference at the wonderful invitation from two sweet sisters from our old 2nd Ward. It was such a wonderful meeting and such fun to see those gals again!
As for me, I am staying busy between watching after my little guy and working. Overall, I am doing okay, though grieving/healing, I am learning, is a complicated process filled with lots of unpredictableness. But that's okay. Slowly but surely I am continuing to move forward with help from both my family and my Faith.



No comments:
Post a Comment