Saturday, May 18, 2013

A Great Fun Weekend!

We started our weekend early this past week with a great date night! Eric got a gift certificate for a nights stay at the Country Inn and Suites a while ago that we decided to use. We booked it for Thursday the 16th to the 17th am.  So at about 430 on Thursday we dropped Daniel and his stuff off at Eric's parents who agreed to watch him and he was reported as doing great (for the most part), so that was good!

  Anyway, after we dropped him off, Eric and I went and had dinner at Olive Garden, he got the tour of Italy, and I got the Tour di Marre (awesome shrimp)! And I got a yummy dessert, Zeppoli,  Italian "pillow" donuts sprinkled with powdered sugar and served with a dish of chocolate. Soooo good! I love it!  It is my favorite dessert! We had a great conversation as well. It was wonderful gift holding a full conversation without an almost 1 year old interrupting it!

We then went at saw Star Trek: Into Darkness and we both really enjoyed it!  Then we went to the hotel and called it a night!  In the morning we weren't planning on checking out until about 12, but Eric got a trouble call from work, so we checked out at about 1030ish, and went over to the place that was having problems so he could fix it.  Then it was a brief stop at home, then back to Clearfield to pick up Daniel, who was happy to see us!

Today Daniel and I went back up to Clearfield and went with Eric's parents to Logan to the Smithfield Cemetery to put flowers on graves for Memorial Day, Daniel and I stayed in the car though, since it was still raining pretty good. After that we stopped by Lawry's? for meat but they are closed on Saturdays :(, after that we went to the Pepperidge Farm Outlet but they were closed due to a power outage, so Eric's parents took us to lunch at a great little place called Big J's which has a huge menu (it's 3 restaurants in one). I got their alfredo spaghetti with meatballs it was really good! And Daniel was entertaining.

 We also stopped by an ice cream outlet store and Eric's mom sent me home with lots of yummy ice cream! After that we drove to Gossners and Eric's parents graciously got Eric's requested milk and squeaky cheese, and got me some cheese and a yummy strawberry honey spread!  After that it was back to Clearfield, Daniel slept all the way back, and then I loaded him and our treats in the car and we came home.

I am hoping Daniel will start feeling better soon, he's been coughing and has had a really runny nose, so I borrowed my Mom's humidifier and we put it in his room tonight when we put him to bed, and I am hoping it will help him feel better soon!  But it was a great weekend!!

I can't get the pictures I took today to come off my camera, so I will keep working on that and try to post them later :(, darn camera/computer!

No comments:

Post a Comment