Friday, May 25, 2012

Our new arrival!

So this week was quite the eventful week for us!  I had a doctors appointment scheduled for Thursday, originally, but Monday night the doctors office called and asked me to come in on Tuesday.  So Eric and I went in to the doctor on Tuesday morning and she told us it was our call but that since I was past my due date, by 1 day that I could be induced. So Eric and I went and got me something small to eat (turned out to be a good thing because it did not stay in) and we arrived at the hospital shortly after 11:00 am.  They put in the iv's and started me on pitosin to induce labor and we went through the longest afternoon of my life.  

Our doctor came in and broke my water about 9:00 pm and shortly thereafter I received my epidural which made life very, very nice!   At 12:00am they had me start pushing and at 1:16 am after lots of counting and pushing, baby Daniel Sherman Holbrook made his appearance!  He cried for about a minute and then went quiet.  It was a long ordeal but so worth it to have him in join our family, we are so happy to have him here! The grandparents also stuck it out in the waiting room so they got to come in and see him shortly after he was born which was a bonus.

After they finished everything, they took Daniel to the nursery and me to a different room, where I was out like a light when they got me there.  Baby Daniel slept through the night so I didn't see him again until they brought him in to eat at about 7:30am.  

                                            DADDY!

                                                With Grandma Holbrook!


                                                   With Grandma Call!

                                                  Sleeping with Mommy!

                                                All ready to go home!
He weighed 7lbs 9 oz and was 21 inches long!  We are so happy and excited to have him here!

4 comments:

Karen said...

Congrats Jen! He's beautiful!

Julie said...

Hi is so cute! I just can't decide who he looks like. I'll have to wait until I see him in person. I hope you are getting some rest!!!

Super Pi said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you two! Welcome to the world Daniel!

Tony and Anni said...

Congrats!! You've officially made us baby hungry! Oh and on a very perfect baby boy too! ;) If you need any help or rest or anything, I'm more than happy to come hold him for you for a while! :)(though the two kids I bring along will ruin any hopes for rest or quiet...darn)

Post a Comment