Monday, February 15, 2016

Grandpa Smith's Funeral and Other February Happenings

My Grandpa Smith passed away on February 4th. Daniel came down with strep about a day later and was miserable for a few days. My Grandpa's funeral was on Monday the 9th. The funeral was very nice...Daniel and I didn't make it to the cemetery unfortunately because I got lost, am severely directions challenged. Since we drove around aimlessly for a bit, Daniel at least got a nap in!  The luncheon afterward was catered by KFC which was my Grandpa's favorite meal. Daniel did pretty good throughout.




Other February Happenings (In no particular order)

Fun with Cousins




Daniel is currently OBSESSED with Frozen. Here is one of his musical stylings!



Heart shaped Pizza on the Saturday before Valentine's Day.


 I attempted to make homemade cinnamon rolls for breakfast Sunday morning. It made a whole lot of mess and they did NOT turn out....baker I am not :(



After church, I let him open the little gifts he got from myself and his Nana. And later at my Mom's he got some more fun things!



Today, Daniel was seriously suffering from some cabin fever and after discovering ants in my bedroom which gave me a brief panic attack (Ants are my LEAST favorite thing in the world!)and after trying to unsuccessfully track down where they were coming from....I packed us a lunch and we ditched the condo for a few hours. Daniel was delighted to go eat and play at his beloved 'Dinosaur Park'.  It was a perfect day for it!








4 comments:

Julie said...

I feel your pain in the cinnamon rolls. We attempted them two Sunday's ago and they did not turn out. And I bake all the time. We'll have to try again together this summer. :) I hope you can eradicate the ants quickly. They are as bad as roaches!!! Love you guys!

Julie said...

On second thought, maybe we should just let Pillsbury do the hard work for us. :)

Jen Holbrook said...

Honestly...I think I would prefer roaches to ants. I am going to try the cinnamon rolls again this week (this time with a friend) but I am leaning toward Pillsbury doing the hard work for me too :)

Andrea Call said...

But...think of all the fun you could have baking cinnamon rolls together, plus I could come too and then it would be a real party!

Post a Comment