Thursday, September 10, 2015

Some Daniel-"isms"

 So I don't forget: I wanted to write some things down that Daniel has done and loves to say recently that just make me laugh and smile!

 First, whenever he offers a prayer he has this sweet, high, falsetto voice that he uses. He only uses this voice while praying.

Secondly, Daniel's teacher at daycare will tell me he starts waiting at the window that looks out to the parking lot about 345..looking for me. She told me when he sees me pull up he tells her roughly the same thing every day, "Teacher, I like you, but love Mommy and she came to get me. Bye!"  

A random observation Daniel likes to make in the car, "Mommy, how about I drive the car and go to work Mommy."  Me, "But, what would I do while you work?"  Daniel, "You can stay home and then you will miss me and come get me!"  Me "You're right, so how about you go to daycare and I will go to work."  Daniel "Then you'll come get me, you won't forget me?"  Me "Never!"

Daniel is very "helpful"...sometimes too much so :/  I discovered when I went to preheat the oven one night, that he decided the night before instead of taking his dirty dishes to the sink after dinner, he put them in the oven. When I asked him why he told me, "So dinner is ready faster!"  

When he perceives (in his mind at least) that I have been naughty or say something he doesn't like to hear, he will rebuttal with, "Mommy, that's naughty and I'm going to tell Grandma and she will put you on time-out!" Sometimes, I think it would be a lovely  break if Grandma really would put Mommy on time out!

He is very helpful cleaning up his toys every night. Sometimes he will remind me that he need to clean up, or I will hear him cleaning up, and he will then call me and "surprise" me that he as cleaned up all his toys. I am very happy and hope this particular helpful trait will stay for a really long time!

He is quite the story-teller. He will sit with me and tell me stories for about an hour at a time (usually when he is trying to get out of taking his nap) They vary greatly, but usually all of them contain Elmo, Uncle Mike, and "fire that sticks" somewhere in them. 

Recently, he has taken to praying that Mommy will get him a baby sister. When I gently inform him that it might be a long time before that happens (as simple as I can explain it to a 3 year old) he will look at me, smile and tell me "Well, then when I grow up I will grow up and be a sister!"  I laugh every time at his sweet innocence and excitement he gets with the thought that he will be a girl someday so he can have a sister!


That's all I can think of right now, but I wanted to write them down so I don't forget them. I love Daniel, and his endless curiosity and his sweet smile and spirit! He brings me the most Joy I have in my life!



No comments:

Post a Comment