Saturday, January 17, 2015

A Week Full Of Visits

Saturday morning(a week ago) Daniel helped me in my house cleaning by doing some simple chores that I assigned him just like clean up his legos and put his breakfast dishes in the sink, things like that, (he did really well with them to), then we went and ran some errands. We stopped by Arctic Circle in Bountiful for lunch on our way home where I let him run and play out some of his endless energy. He had a blast with some other kids for just over an hour, before we came home. The rest of Saturday was pretty much laid back. Sunday morning we went over to my parents ward, Daniel informed me first thing Sunday as I was getting him dressed that he wanted to go see "Aunt Andrea and Uncle Mike!" Cause ya know, who needs Mom, anyway?  Sacrament meeting went well, Daniel mostly made it through, then we went to my parents house for a french toast brunch with family and friends. It was great. Daniel ate 4 pieces, along with strawberries, bananas, and a cinnamon roll! After visiting, we came home and he went down for a nap, and we made it to our church just as Sacrament meeting was ending, so Daniel got to go play in nursery and he was very excited about that! He came home and was very entertaining singing different parts of "Once there Was a Snowman" and "The foolish Man and the Wise Man" and "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" I love my kiddo!  I enjoyed both Sunday School and Relief Society and had a good visit with a couple sisters in the ward in between! It was really nice. After that, we came home and he played while I got dinner ready. Monday morning I started laundry, then Daniel and I loaded up in the car and went and had a playdate with Naomi and Dean. And I helped Melinda make yummy caramel popcorn and we had such a great time visiting while the kiddos had lots of fun! After that, we stopped by WalMart for some things we needed and then came home. I fed Daniel lunch and got him put down for his nap, and then went on with laundry. Monday night for Family Night we had a little lesson on "What Provides Light" and talked about the sun, the moon, and the stars. Daniel enjoyed turning our family room light on and off ;) Tuesday I dropped Daniel off with  my sister who watched her while I cleaned at my other sister's, then we came home and I made lunch for me and my friend who came over for a playdate with her daughter. Daniel and Lily had fun playing (and made the mess to prove it) while Jennika and I had a good visit. Before they left, they helped clean up the mess they made, then Daniel played some more.  We went and did some shopping Tuesday afternoon, and then just before dinner I took Daniel and we met with my new visiting teaching companion, Sister P, and we visited and sadly discovered we share a common bond as she lost her husband a little over three years ago. We had a good visit and then we took a birthday present over to Sister A (the lone sister we visit teach) and visited a bit with her, (Daniel played with her son who is the same age) It was a good night! Wednesday Daniel reported having lots of fun playing with blocks and his teacher Miss E at daycare, and shortly after we got home, another family from our ward came over and while Brother E took care of some things I needed help with, I visited with his sweet wife, while their two daughters played with Daniel. I am so grateful for his help!  I love my new ward! Everyone has been so sweet and helpful and welcoming! Wednesday night I got a visit from our ward missionaries.....it's been quite the Ward Visiting Week this week ;) and we had a nice visit and Daniel kept them laughing with his antics and silliness (Oh, how I LOVE my little boy!). Thursday after work, I went to pick Daniel up and after I came into the daycare I was filling out some paperwork that they needed me too...and Daniel had seen me pull up and I was told he had been crying and wanting me all day so they brought him out to me after I didn't come back right away, and he literally stayed glued to my side while I finished up what I needed to before we came home. We then went to my parent's house after a little bit to have a birthday dinner celebration for two of my brothers (one whose birthday was December, one was this month). It was lots of fun! After though, it was a struggle to get Daniel to stay calm and in bed as he was begging that he wanted his daddy to come say goodnight to him :(, I ended up staying in his room with him, until he finally exhausted himself from crying and crashed a little after 9. Friday went better. He was excited to go meet and get dropped of with Grandma Call while I went to work, and he reported having fun playing. After work, I dropped him off with my friend's daughter who watched him because Jenn (my friend) wanted to go get her nails done and I tagged along with her and we had a wonderful visit while we did that. This morning, Daniel was up bright and early, and I wasn't quite ready to be up, so I turned off the internet on my kindle and he played the little matching game I have on there for him that he loves, while I watched. After a while, Daniel declared he was ready for breakfast so we got ready and had breakfast. After breakfast he played for a bit, then we went and ran some needed errands (I picked up a toy organizer bin for our small living room so his toys are off the floor), we picked up a few other things, then came home and Daniel "helped" me put the organizer together. I love it!  After he had lunch and went down for his nap, I sorted and organized his toys into the bins. After I finished that, I headed upstairs and did some cleaning and sorting of old papers in my room and re-organized some things in my closet so that it works a little better. After Daniel was up from his nap, we headed outside to enjoy the sunshine! And since the snow has mostly melted off the playground, he played quite contentedly on the playground as well as in his little house. We were outside for nearly two hours! Daniel loved playing and I enjoyed the sunshine :) After that though, he declared he was "too cold to be outside" so we came back inside and he played. Eric's Aunt Susan and her two boys came and visited with us for a while this evening (and brought dinner) which was really nice!  We had a good visit, poor Daniel was all worn out from all his excitement and "exercise" as he calls it...so I put him in a quick bath and he had all but crashed before I finished dressing him for bed.

Pics From the Week

Being Silly ;)



 

Hanging out with his friend



 Helping me make dinner




Enjoying the sunny weather
we had today.







 Being goofy in his playhouse




Looking up in the sky


Daniel's feet were dragging in what will 
honestly, probably, his last time in the
baby swing today. 
He's officially too big :( 
It was kind of a bitter sweet realization for me.
No longer a baby, but so proud of the little
boy he is becoming!


And a couple of fun videos of him singing.
These were the best I could get.He is a great
little performer...until I get the camera out.
Enjoy these renditions of "Head Shoulders Knees & Toes"
and "The Wheel on the Bus"

















No comments:

Post a Comment