I guess from a couple of Wednesdays ago. So Wednesday, January 8, Eric wasn't feeling real great, he was just really tired and was looking a little yellow but I couldn't decide if it was the lighting in the apartment that was doing it. By Sunday, though, he was in bad pain in his side and by Monday morning when he called the doctor, the whites of his eyes had turned yellow (really creepy looking, actually) .
A few minutes after 9 I got a phone call from Eric, telling me the doctor took one look at him and told him to go straight to LDS hospitals emergency room. Well when we got to the emergency room they took him back and the Er doc looked at him, asked us both lots of questions and started making phone calls. By about one, my sister-in-law Rachel came and picked up Daniel (as emergency rooms are not good places for curious little boys) and my mother in law arrived shortly after that. By 3 the decision had been made to send Eric via ambulance to IMC STICU because they had determined he was in liver and kidney failure. He spent two days in the STICU, we received a crash course in liver transplants if that becomes necessary. He is getting dialysis which is helping his kidneys out while they try to figure out what is going on with his liver.
As of now he is still at IMC on the 9th floor.They did a liver biopsy on Saturday which we are awaiting the results of to hopefully figure out what is causing his liver to fail. I am sure I am forgetting stuff in all this but that was our week in a nutshell. The many prayers that have been offered on his and our behalf have been felt and have been welcomed.
No comments:
Post a Comment