So I can remember, Daniel had his 15 month check up this morning. And he rocked it!
His stats were: Weight 25.2 lbs 57%
Height 31 inches 41%
Head 18.3 inches 28%
The doctor was pleased as far as his development. She was happy he can stand up by himself for about a minute at a time, as well as with his "cruise" walking, and was very impressed with his vocabulary. She said most kids have one or two words Daniel has several (which he showed off to Dr. Blackburn). He can say, Hi, Bye, Momma, Dada, Nana, Papa, Grandpa (which comes out G-pa), and night-night. He does know the signs for please and "more". And the more is beginning to haunt me a little bit. We ended the visit with 3 shots and this is how he has been feeling about that:
Such a sad boy : (.
Anyway, why is his sign "more" haunting me? Daniel only uses more when he wants more FOOD! And it made for an interesting sacrament meeting yesterday. The little boy that was sitting in front of us was eating some wafers and Daniel decided he wanted some and started signing more and saying "mo mo mo mo". Well, he had already eaten so we said, "no". We are trying to teach him he does not need to eat all the time! And he proceeded to start to throw a fit. Luckily a family across the aisle from us came to his rescue and gave Daniel a graham cracker, so he calmed down.
I am just trying to decide how best to teach him or (hope he'll grow out of it?) signing more and expecting food from it. He does sign please with the more every now and again, (or when a certain Aunt makes him sign and say please before she gives him more) Thanks Susan!!
I am going back to work today and praying I will make it through the day. I hurt my back last week and was off of work for most of last week as a result. When I went to the doctor she said I had a herniated disc in my lower back, so she put me on prednizone (NASTY STUFF) and a muscle relaxer which is great for putting me to sleep! But she said I couldn't lift over 5lbs and couldn't do any repeated bending which is what I do at my job so as a result I was off for the last 3 days of last week.
I felt kind of bad, because last Saturday we celebrated Anni (Eric's sister) birthday at Olive Garden, and I had taken a half of a muscle relaxer shortly before we left, so unfortunately for me, I was pretty much out of it the entire time we were there. Anyway, my back is feeling much better today, so here's hoping I survive the entirety of my shift!! And that's about all that's been going on lately. Just working, chasing Daniel around, and trying not to feel too guilty about having to work...the only nice benefit is I do not work until late in the afternoon so I only miss about 3 hours of Daniel's day. And he likes playing with his Daddy, so it works out nicely.
And here is one last photo of Daniel with Grandpa Call. Because I think it's cute! I took him over Saturday and my dad did a photo shoot so my mom could have a new picture for her mantle. And these are a few I took while my Dad took the ones that he needed.
| High Five with Grandpa! |
| Eating a fruit snack. |
| Playing with Grandpa's head. |
No comments:
Post a Comment